Ep. 01 (PART 3)

Layla Smith's POV

I should be the one who would be scared of Jake because he's a pureblood for blood sake! But nope...were opposite. In our case, he's the one who scared of me. Funny but it's true. I couldn't believe that a pureblood scared to a common vampire. "Lay, Thank you for being there for me as always." He cracked the silence between us. We sat on the bench and watching the moon together.

"Why are you thanking me?" Silly me. He already stated that's he's thankful of me 'cause I'm with him always yet I still asked him. Now it would be awkward between us. "If not because of you, I still couldn't be like what I am now." He continued still looking at the moon.

The Jake that I knew back then was a tiny boy yet had a cold aura, he doesn't talk to anyone except his mom and scared of crowds. Long story short he's an introverted vampire. Everytime I saw him, I was scared but time had passed I felt pity on him. I could feel that he needed a friend to talk with and needed someone who would understand what he felt. One time, I saw him sitting on a bench watched the moon alone and without a second thought, I walked toward his place and sat beside him. As the time he saw me, his black eyes turned into a blood-ish one he was anxious and I felt it. He was about to ran away but before he could, I told him that I wanted to befriend with him and by that, he stayed and we talked everything about ourselves.

He didn't want his life back then and the real and simple reason is that he wanted to have friends but everyone avoided him because they feared him. At first he couldn't understand what was the reason of avoiding and fearing? He asked his parents about that and now he knew.

Because he was a pureblood.

"But to my surprise you were there for me. You changed me Layla. You helped me found out myself and that's what I'm thankful for." this time, his dark black eyes focused on me. And we are now watching the moon together.