9

Stressed.

Love was an obstacle. 

An obstacle and a mistake.

Katsuki wanted to go back to America. He was desperate to get away from Izuku, but his flight had been canceled and was rescheduled for the next week.

He had no idea when it all started. When did Izuku took root in his heart?

Izuku was his childhood, filled with forays into the woods and a warm, welcoming hand ready to lend a helping hand that he'd never understood fully back then. They'd been through a lot together.

They'd always been... together

Izuku had always been there for him as he could remember. Perhaps it's always been the nerd.

From the beginning, it was always Izuku.

Katsuki recalls all of the ways Izuku behaved around him, all of the moments Katsuki should have noticed earlier, understood his feelings earlier, and loved him back sooner.

Katsuki's feelings for Aiko are thoroughly wiped out. He wasn't sure if he loved her at all.

He admitted that he had been in love with Izuku for years, for who knows how many goddamn years, and that's it, he had broken up with Aiko. She deserves better.

God, the universe was really messing with him, huh?

He thought he'd be able to ignore everything. He did believe he could get away with it. 

After breaking up with Aiko, he just left the hotel where they were staying and bumped into Todoroki on the streets. Katsuki had no idea tears were streaming down his face.

It was frustrating. It was annoying, and to make matters worse, he couldn't ignore the fact that it had happened and was continuing to do so.

He was now at Todoroki's place, and Katsuki's breath was suddenly snatched away as he spotted their class picture hanging on Todoroki's wall. Izuku was in the middle, smiling widely.

There were more than a few stems and petals lodged in his throat. He struggled for oxygen for a few moments before coughing uncontrollably.

Todoroki sprung from his seat and dashed toward Katsuki, glancing over his shoulder. He hurried toward the kitchen, fretting, "I'll get you water,"

Katsuki shook his head, but he couldn't say anything. The water was not going to help him in any way. He coughed again, trying to clear the clog from his throat. He took in a lungful of breath and stared at the burnt petals drifting on the floor.

Great. He thought to himself as he rubbed the back of his palm against his lips and spit out the remaining petals. Fantastic, he thought, a little bland.

How fucking great.

Todoroki returned with a glass of water in his hand, which he had frozen due to what he had just witnessed.

"I'm fucked icyhot, I know." Katsuki grumbled in response. He became extremely tired all of a sudden.

He shook his head, his gaze fixed on the television, which was showing a hero interview with Izuku.

He was everywhere.

"It's him, isn't it?" Todoroki asked, his tone devoid of hesitation.

"Who else would it be?" Katsuki grinned bitterly. "Fuck, I love him so much. It's taken far too long for me to admit it, but I really do."

Todoroki was stunned and remained silent. Rather, speechless. He had no idea he'd hear Katsuki Bakugou telling him he truly loves Izuku.

Todoroki has known for a long time that Izuku and Bakugou secretly loves each other.

Since they were students at UA, those two have been in a tangle just because they both find it difficult to say something so simple.

Some things remained but everything changed as well. Izuku was getting married to Uraraka.

"You should get help," Todoroki whispered.

Katsuki has also been out of shape at work, and Todoroki hasn't seen him much at his agency. He's honestly concerned because Katsuki never misses work for any reason. Now he knows.

"I know."

"It'll be fatal if you wait too long. How long has it even been?"

"Since our 3rd year at UA."

A tense silence filled the space between them. Todoroki remembered seeing Izuku kneeling on the bathroom floor, crying and surrounded by crimson petals.

It all made sense.

"God, Bakugou. You're both fuckin' stupid."

"I know."

5 years ago, Izuku was dealing with a disease called Hanahaki, Todoroki was the only one who knew.

Izuku declined the surgery and asked Uraraka out instead. Todoroki knew it was selfish, but Bakugou was everything to his friend and he knew well Midoriya didn't want to forget his childhood friend.

Is Midoriya alright right now? Is he going through the same thing as Bakugou?

A vibrate on Todoroki's pocket responded to his thoughts. He quickly took out his phone and saw that Izuku had sent him a picture.

A mirror shot of him, wearing a white suit.

Oh, right.

He was supposed to be with him right now, helping him in choosing the best suit for his wedding, but he saw Bakugou and he looks like-

He needed help.

Midoriya: How do i look? Does it suits me? :)

Midoriya: I'm really nervous about the wedding, i wanted to look good

Midoriya: Todoroki-kun what do you think

Todoroki glanced at Katsuki, "You're not going to get it removed, are you?"

Katsuki leaned back into the cushion, closing his eyes. Taking the flowers away would be the same as extracting his love for Izuku. All of it would fade away, all of it would disappear.

He couldn't bear the thought of it, but surgery seemed like the best option now. For fuck's sake, he couldn't tell which hurt more: the pressure on his chest or the pressure on his heart.

"I will," He uttered. 

Silence.

"We really care about you, Bakugou.  Don't destroy yourself over-" Todoroki faltered once more, "Over some feelings.." 

Katsuki clenched his jaw. "I know."

Surgery. Surgery would make him not feel these things anymore, and it would all be over. 

Yes, he will finally have the surgery, and this will all be over.

__

(So yeah, i decided to continue this story! :)) )