13 - maybe

He looked up at the beaming faces of the couple at the altar. "Well," the priest said, closing the book,

"Izuku Midoriya, you may kiss the bride."

It was as if his heart stopped beating in his chest but it was there. He forgot all about the void that formed in his chest as his lungs tightened, like he couldn't breath.

And at that, Katsuki shuts his eyes.

__

"Kacchan.." Holding it to his nose, Izuku breathed it in, never getting enough of it.

Why had it come to this again?

"Despite of what I think about myself, I felt what it was like to be loved. I felt what it was like to be accepted for who I am."

"Kacchan, listen." Tears streamed down Izuku's cheeks, he moved towards Katsuki, hands outstretched. "You have no idea how vividly I recall every single moment I had with you."

Oh my god.. He loved Katsuki. So much that it hurt. There was no other way to say it.

But love should not be damaging. It should not be painful. They were doing the same thing, again.

"Because how could I forget a part of my life that was special to my heart?"

More tears streamed down his cheeks as he looked at Katsuki, who was also crying.

Katsuki blinks, hard and slow. Something was creeping its way up his throat.

"But Kacchan-"

__

Katsuki felt an arm go around his shoulder and opened his eyes just the slightest. It was Kirishima, looking straight forward.

"It's okay to cry when you're sad, Bakugou." He whispered, not looking at him.

Katsuki shut his eyes once more. "I wasn't crying, idiot." He lied, because even now, tears were slipping.

There were loud cheers and clapping echoing on the walls of the church, but he just ignored it.

He wasn't sure if he was crying because he was actually glad that the nerd was finally happy even though it wasn't with him or because of the emptiness he felt.

That was that. Izuku was married to Uraraka and there's absolutely nothing he could do about it.

__

Don't say it.

"Maybe.. This is all we are."

Dammit.

"Izuku a part of my soul has loved you since the beginning of everything, I-"

"I love you too, and I don't think that will ever change. You'll always have a place in my heart."

How had it come to this? They had loved each other. Love was all they needed! Right?

"I love Uraraka too, but it's different, Kacchan." 

Katsuki felt as if he had been punched in the gut and the air had been knocked out of him.

"I truly hope that happiness finds you in places where we couldn't make it work, so that you can love and be loved. I love you, and you are my childhood friend, my best friend. I will always care about you Kacchan."

"I... I think that wherever I end up, and whatever situation I find myself in the future, I will always remember you. You were someone who made a significant difference in my life."

"T-that is why.. I was planning on asking you to be my best man, but if you don't want, I-I completely understand.."

Katsuki couldn't talk and open his mouth anymore. His mind went blank and felt numb all over. 

He just let the tears drip down his cheeks, his chest was tight, and he couldn't tell if it was from all the petals ruining his body or the anguish he was feeling.

So much for being open with his feelings.

__

Why had love chosen him in the first place? Was it simply bad luck? Was he cursed, was he not? Was he really cured? Everything appeared to be unraveling.

Looking back at it, there were no more regrets. It's just the way it was meant to be.

You win some, you lose some. It never stays the same; it changes all the time, whether you like it or not.

This was brought about by love. It had been its fault for more than 20 years, and it was the reason Katsuki was crying with emptiness at the wedding of a childhood friend. It was time to let go already.

He deserves to be happy too. Life moves on, and so does Katsuki.

And as the best man, he would tell embarrassing stories about Izuku, make sure Kirishima and Kaminari didn't sneak a bite of cake, and keep a smile on the newlyweds' faces.

And he would fulfill that role no matter what it took.

Katsuki looked up and locked eyes with Izuku. He was smiling and blushing and he looked absolutely perfect.

They left a bittersweet ache in each other's hearts and that left a reminder that it was all real.

They were just not meant to be together or not just in this lifetime.

Maybe they were meant to have a perfect life in a perfect world in the next lifetime or even the one after that.

And in that lifetime, they'll be brave enough to keep and be with each other.

Brave enough to hold each other close and never let go.

Maybe.

Katsuki grinned at Izuku who with all the effort he could muster, smiled and gave him the thumbs up.

"Congratulations, deku."

End.

-

I'm sorry to everyone who was upset with the ending! I just love angst/hurt/comfort, i enjoy the drama idk T___T I just think Katsuki and Izuku always get themselves into such a knot and that no matter what happens, they will always have a major impact on each other's lives. In their every lifetime.

 ANYWAYS, THANK YOU FOR READING AND FINISHING THE STORY ILY <33