11

Katsuki recovered as quickly and as smoothly as he could, it wasn't too long before he was up and fully functioning again.

He returned to his apartment feeling tired, sore and fucking miserable but that was just the norm for him these days.

The first thing he did after walking through the doorway was to rip off his boots, toss them carelessly behind him and throw himself face down on the couch.

He was faintly aware that he was still wearing his hero costume underneath his jacket, but honestly he couldn't muster enough energy to take it off, actually doing much of anything other than slowly sink down the fluffy cushions seemed downright impossible at the moment.

His muscles were killing him and his arms and palms hurt like a bitch due to overexerting his quirk. So all he wanted now was to lie down and, if possible, sleep for the rest of the week.

Or at least for the remainder of the night.

He'd been avoiding Izuku at work whenever he could, but every time he saw him, it was as if the emptiness in his chest became louder, more apparent, and Katsuki wasn't foreign to his own feelings, but he was foreign to the lack of them.

He could tell Izuku knew about the surgery.

As soon as he had finished that thought, his cellphone started vibrating as if possessed with the arrival of a wave of new messages.

Katsuki considered throwing the device across the room just to silence the annoying noise, but decided against it because the temporary satisfaction wouldn't be worth the effort it would take to replace it later.

He tried ignoring it instead, unfortunately that option also proved impossible seeing as whoever was the asshole spamming his inbox, probably Kirishima, didn't seem to have the intention of stopping any time soon.

Finally giving up, Katsuki decided to check what the fuck shitty hair wanted this time so he could turn the damned thing off and return to his blissful and very needed sleep.

He found 20 unread messages, each one of them less than a minute apart from the other. Katsuki huffed, typical of the redhead idiot.

Shitty hair: hey u home?

Shitty hair: already back from patrolling right??

Shitty hair: saw u on tv btw u were awesome dude!!!!

Shitty hair: that guy was like super tough but u beat him so fast!! So manly!!!

Shitty hair: AAHH BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED TO SAY,, u sure ure not going tomorrow???

Shitty hair: i mean, c'mon dude at least come to the ceremony!

Shitty hair: everyones going to be there and it would be awesome if u went ):

Shitty hair: Midoriya told me he would like to see u there...

Shitty hair: he looked so sad when i told him u wouldn't come :((

Shitty hair: i know u 2 went to rlly something terrible but dude, midoriya cares abt u.

Shitty hair: maybe it would help you to, you know, to get closure and all that...

Shitty hair: Bakugou at least drop by for a while, i promise it won't be as bad as u think!