Finding Dragons

RE-EDITED

Y/n's outfit.

~Hiccup trekking through the forest~

Hiccup: "Oh, the gods hate me. Some people lose their knife or their mug. No, not me. I manage to lose an ENTIRE DRAGON?!" Y/n: "Shhhhh." Juno blinks. Hiccup: "Did that rock blink?!" Y/n: "No. I think you're seeing things." Hiccup encounters the Night Fury, bounded by his bola, and takes out his knife. He is frightened and hides behind a rock, slowly approaching the fallen dragon. Hiccup: "Oh, wow. I did it. Oh, I did it! This fixes everything! Yes! I have brought down this mighty beast!" Y/n: "Hey! There's the dragon that kidnaped me!" ???: 'Hey! I was trying to protect you!' Y/n: "I'm fine!" Juno flies and lands next to her. Hiccup: "Did that rock move?!" Hiccup steps on the seemingly dead dragon's face but it is still alive and shoves him away. Hiccup: "Whoa!" Y/n: "Don't move." Hiccup: "I'm going to kill you, dragon. I'm gonna cut out your heart and take it to my father. I'm a Viking. I am a VIKING!" He hesitates, looking at the dragon's frightened eyes. The Night Fury, while visibly scared, makes no sound and lays still. Hiccup, unable to kill the defenseless creature, finally gives in. Y/n: "Hiccup, please don't. You're kicking an individual when they're down!" ??? stands protectively in front of Y/n. Hiccup: "I did this." Hiccup begins cutting the ropes that bind the Night Fury. The dragon stirs, opening its eyes. It rolls Hiccup over, roars in Hiccup's face, and lopsidedly flies away, leaving him unharmed. Hiccup whimpers and faints. Y/n: 'What's your name?' ???: 'Midnight.' Y/n: 'Okay Midnight go protect that other night fury.'

~Haddock household~

Hiccup runs past Stoick and quickly and quietly crawls up the stairs, but Stoick notices him. Stoick: "Hiccup." Hiccup stops halfway up the stairs. Hiccup: "Dad! Uh... I have to talk to you, Dad." Stoick: "I need to speak with you too, son." Hiccup and Stoick: *simultaneously* "I've decided I don't want/I think it's time you learn/to fight dragons. What?" Stoick: "You go first." Hiccup: "No, no, you go first." Stoick: "Alright. You get your wish. Dragon Training. You start in the morning." Hiccup: *Panicking* "Oh, man, I should've gone first! Uh, 'cause I was thinking, you know, we have a surplus of dragon-fighting Vikings, but do we have enough... bread-making Vikings, or small home repair Vikings--?" Stoick: "You'll need this." Stoick passes Hiccup an ax. Hiccup: "I don't want to fight dragons." Stoick: "Come on. Yes, you do." Hiccup: "Rephrase: Dad, I can't kill dragons." Stoick: "But you will kill dragons." Hiccup: "No, I'm very extra sure that I won't." Stoick: "Just like Y/n..." Hiccup: "But Y/n, killed a dragon?" Stoick: "She had a small mental breakdown after. She called herself a killer and is now trying to work through having blood on her hands." Hiccup: "I can't kill dragons." Stoick: "It's time, Hiccup." Hiccup: "Can you not hear me?!" Stoick: "This is serious, son! When you carry this ax, you carry all of us with you. Which means you walk like us. You talk like us. You think like us. No more of... this." Hiccup: "You just gestured to all of me." Stoick: "Deal?" Hiccup: "This conversation is feeling very one-sided." Stoick: "DEAL?!" Hiccup: "Deal." Stoick: "Good. Train hard. I'll be back. Probably." Hiccup: "And I'll be here. Maybe."

~Dragon Training Arena~

Gobber: "Welcome to Dragon Training!" Astrid: "No turning back." Tuffnut: "I hope I get some serious burns!" Ruffnut: "I'm hoping for some mauling, like on my shoulder or lower back." Astrid: "Yeah, it's only fun if you get a scar out of it." Y/n: "Not really..." Hiccup: [Sarcastically] "Yeah, no kidding, right? Pain. Love it." Tuffnut: "Oh, great. Who, let them in?" Gobber: "Let's get started! The recruit who does best will win the honor of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village." Astrid: "Y/n already killed a mystery dragon and a monstrous nightmare!" Snotlout: "Hiccup already killed a Night Fury, so, does that disqualify him or...?" Tuffnut: "Can I transfer to the class with the cool Vikings?" Gobber: [to Hiccup] "Don't worry. You're small and you're weak. That'll make you less of a target! They'll see you as sick or insane and go after the more Viking-like teens instead. [To Y/n]: Just play denfese." Y/n: "I don't want to be here." Gobber: "Behind these doors are just a few of the many species you will learn to fight! The Deadly Nadder!" Fishlegs: "Speed: eight; Armor: sixteen." Gobber: "The Hideous Zippleback!" Fishlegs: "Plus eleven stealth times two." Gobber: "The Monstrous Nightmare!" Fishlegs: "Firepower: fifteen." Gobber: "The Terrible Terror!" Fishlegs: "Attack: eight; Venom: twelve!" Gobber: "CAN YOU STOP THAT?! And... the Gronckle!" Fishlegs: [whispering] "Jaw strength: eight." Y/n: "Fishlegs as much as I like a guy with a brain, CAN YOU SHUT UP!" Snotlout: "Whoa, whoa, wait! Aren't you gonna teach us first?!" Gobber: "I believe in learning on the job." Gobber releases a Gronckle, which promptly swallows rocks and starts blasting the teens. Gobber: "Today is about survival. If you get blasted... you're dead! Quick! What's the first thing you're going to need?" Hiccup: "A doctor?!" Fishlegs: "Plus five-speed?!" Astrid: "A shield!" Y/n folds her scythe into a shield with a cross-bow in it. Gobber: "That's a good invention!" Gronkle blasts at Y/n. Y/n blocks it with the shield then shoots at the gronkle with the cross-bow. Gobber: "Great job, Y/n! You're out though." Gobber: "Shields! Go! Your most important piece of equipment is your shield! If you must choose between a sword or a shield, take the shield!" All the recruits head for the shields except Y/n. Tuffnut: "Get your hands off my shield!" Ruffnut: "There's like a million shields!" Tuffnut: "Take that one, it has a flower on it. Girls like flowers." Ruffnut takes the shield and slams it onto Tuffnut's head. Ruffnut: "Oops, now this one has blood on it." The Gronckle flies towards the Twins and blasts their shield with a fireball, leaving them dazed on the ground. Gobber: "Tuffnut, Ruffnut, you're out!" Ruffnut and Tuffnut: [Dazed] "What?" Gobber: "Those shields are good for another thing: noise! Make lots of it to throw off a dragon's aim!" The remaining teens begin hitting their weapons against their shields, making the Gronckle shake its head, confused. Gobber: "All dragons have a limited number of shots. How many does a Gronckle have?" Snotlout: "Five?" Y/n & Fishlegs: "No, six!" Gobber: "Correct, six! That's one for each of you!" Fishlegs' shield gets blasted out of his hand. He runs away screaming. Gobber: "Fishlegs, out. [to Hiccup hiding behind a plank] Hiccup, get in there!" Snotlout: [to Astrid] "So, anyway I'm moving into my parents' basement. You should come by sometime to work out. You look like you work out!" The Gronckle fires at Snotlout. Gobber: "Snotlout! You're done!" Hiccup: "So, I guess it's just you and me, huh?" Astrid: "Nope, just you." (runs away, leaving Hiccup) The Gronckle fires at them, but misses. Hiccup loses his shield and runs after it, the dragon hot on his heels. Y/n runs towards Hiccup. Gobber: "One shot left! Hiccup!" The Gronckle corners Hiccup, taking its aim. Gobber quickly tugs it away, causing it to misfire its last shot, and locks it up back in its cage. Gobber: "And that's six! Go back to bed, ya overgrown sausage! You'll get another chance, don't you worry. [to Hiccup] Remember: a dragon will always -- always -- go for the kill." 

~Hiccup trekking through the forest again~

Hiccup, weighing the bola with his hands. Hiccup: "So, why didn't you?" Y/n: "Probably because you didn't kill him." She picks a few more scales from Juno. Hiccup enters a cove, surveying its emptiness. Hiccup: "Well, this was stupid." He finds some shiny black dragon scales on the floor. He picks one up. The Night Fury swoops past him, but falls back onto the ground, trying to settle down on the cove. Hiccup hides at the entrance and tries to sketch it. Hiccup: "Why don't you just... fly away?" As he makes a sketch, he notices the Night Fury is missing one of its tail fins. He erases the fin on his drawing but he slips and drops his pencil, drawing the Night Fury's attention. It stares up at him in recognition. Y/n: "Calm down, Juno!" Juno smacks her with a wing.