When Darkness Falls

EDITED

Hiccup and Snotlout, both screaming, are running away from four wild boars. Snotlout: *mocking Hiccup* "'Let's explore the island on foot; rest the dragons for a long trip home, I'm a muttonhead!' OK, genius, what's our next move?" The two are at the edge of a cliff with the boars closing in. Hiccup: "W-weapons, we need weapons." Snotlout looks down at Hiccup's prosthetic foot. Snotlout: "Got one!" He grabs his foot and tugs. Hiccup: "Snotlout, let go!" Snotlout: "What? Called dibs! Gimme!" The two struggle over the leg, and then break apart as the boars come closer. Just as one is about to charge, Stormfly and Astrid swoop up from behind the cliff and Stormfly shoots her magnesium blasts at the creatures.

~In the air~

Hiccup: "OK, so check that island off the list." Fishlegs: "Ooh-hoo-hoo! This is so exciting! Searching the high seas for an island outpost to call our own!" Ruffnut: "Yeah, I like this idea! Move away from Berk, get my own place, away from you-know-who..." Ruffnut looks meaningfully at Tuffnut. Tuffnut: "Yeah, you're telling me, sister. I am so sick of you-know-who. He never knows when to shut up! I want him out of here!" Y/n: "Huh?" Hiccup: "Guys, let's focus, alright, we need to find an island that's safe, secure, and habitable for both us and the dragons." Snotlout: "Blah, blah, blah! How many times do we have to hear that?" Hiccup: "Um, until we find what we're looking for? Let's check this one out." The Dragon Riders swoop into a different island. Hiccup: "Not bad, not bad! Lots of freshwaters. Seems like a plentiful food supply..." Ruffnut: "And lots of cool blue flowers..." She sniffs two handfuls of the flowers. Ruffnut: "I'm in!" Y/n: "Blue Oleanders." Astrid: "Wait...aren't those...?" Fishlegs: *Gasps* "Blue Oleanders, deadly poisonous to dragons." Tuffnut: "So...we're not staying." Y/n: "Midnight, let's go." Barf and Belch sneeze.

~Back into air~

Fishlegs: "Whoa, this island is beautiful! I even like those weird dots all over the..." Hiccup: "Those aren't dots! They're Whispering Death holes!" Snotlout: "Been there, done that." Astrid: "Next!" Fishlegs screams and runs away from boars, back on the first island. Fishlegs: "My bad! Should've crossed this island off the list!" Hiccup and Astrid jump off the cliff, their dragons ready to catch them. The others leave as well. Fishlegs: "OK..." Fishlegs vomits in his mouth. The transition back into the air, the gang flying above a new island. Hiccup: "This looks pretty good!" Astrid: "Those cliffs could work! Good sightlines, easily defendable..." Fishlegs: "The location is great!" Ruffnut: "It's perfect!" Y/n: "From berk, it's about, 34 hours via dragon. One week by ship." Tuffnut: "Yeah...too perfect...I'm just saying in the immortal words of the mighty Thor: "When something looks too perfect, it probably...sucks"." Y/n: "Huh? He's too... uh... touched to say something like that." Hiccup: "Yeah, you know I'm pretty sure Thor never said anything remotely like that." Tuffnut: "Oh really? How do you know? Do you know Thor? Have you talked to him recently?" Hiccup: "...No...but-" Tuffnut: "Well, because I have! Hm, and I don't recall him mentioning you...Look. I just have a feeling about this place. I think we all know what happens when I get a feeling." Astrid: "We ignore it?" Tuffnut: "Mark my words! There will be something wrong with this island, something mysterious, something horrible, something...something..." Ruffnut: "...Ya finished?"

~On the island~

Hiccup: "OK, the first thing we need to do is set up camp for the night. We need dry wood for a fire. We need fresh water, and we need someone on traps." Astrid: "Snotlout, what is that?" Snotlout: "It's an "S," for Snotlout. I think aesthetically it would look nice flying over it." Astrid: "That's ridiculous. It doesn't matter what the outpost looks like. It needs to be functional and operational." Hiccup: "Uh, guys? What we really need is-" Fishlegs: "-is a place for rest, relaxation, and replenishment after a hard day's work. You're absolutely right Hiccup, look, Meatlug and I had some thoughts..." Fishlegs pulls out a stone, and stick, model on a shield. Astrid: "Is that a hot tub?" Fishlegs: "No! That's the mud bath!... The hot tub is over there." Toothless groans to Hiccup. Hiccup: "Tell me about it." Y/n grabs Hiccups shoulder. Y/n: "I'm going to document wildlife, plant life, and maybe dragons." Hiccup: "Stay safe, and get food." Y/n: "Thanks." Tuffnut: "Wait a minute. Everyone stop. I don't see it." Ruffnut: "Me neither..." Hiccup: "See what?" Tuffnut: "Um, the boar pit! Where is it? Where's the boar pit?" Ruffnut: "You see, the centerpiece of any good outpost is a boar pit." Astrid: "Why?" Tuffnut: *darkly* "Everybody needs a little entertainment every now and then, don't they?" Astrid stares blankly at Tuffnut.