A new adventure

RE-EDITED

Authors Note: Y/n is wearing her armor when she is out flying but when at the base and the battles she's in her dress from the last chapter until new clothes are shown, which has a layer of Nightfury and Sentinel scales.  Italicized text between to 'single quotes?' is in dragon language. Also, she's always wearing her wings.

~Opening credits roll, followed by a shot of the village of Berk in the daytime~

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III: "This... is Berk. The best kept secret this side of, well, anywhere. Granted, it may not look like much, but this wet heap of rock packs more than a few surprises." On a cluster of sheep, hiding nervously between buildings as shadows of passing dragons race by. The group moves as one, receding into a shadowy alley, pushing one sheep out into the light. It's suddenly snatched and carried into the air! Hiccup: "Life here is amazing, just not for the faint of heart. See, where most folks enjoy hobbies like whittling or needlepoint, we Berkians prefer a little something we like to call--" WHOOSH, WHOOSH, WHOOSH! Awash of vibrant colors blurs by. Dragons Barrel past at a dizzying speed. Their riders swipe, kick, and roll into one another while they weave neck in the neck between the houses, docks, and revamped structures of Berk. Hiccup: "DRAGON RACING!" Fishlegs: "whooooooo!" Fishlegs, who is now 20 and even larger, rides Meatlug (his Gronckle dragon) who carries the sheep in her claws, until Snotlout, also 20, but every bit as a juvenile, and Hookfang (his Monstrous Nightmare), side-check them steal their sheep. Snotlout: "Oh, I'm sorry, Fishlegs! Did you want that?" Fishlegs glares at Snotlout. Fishlegs: "No, Snotlout! That was mine!" Snotlout falls back toward Ruffnut and Tuffnut, who lag on their Hideous Zippleback, Barf, and Belch. Snotlout: "Here ya go, babe." With a chivalrous grin, Snotlout tosses the sheep to Ruffnut. She snatches it with a sneer and a grumble. Snotlout: 'Did I tell you that you look amazing today? 'Cause you do." Ruffnut: (Disgusted) "Ugh. Come on, Barf. It's starting to stink around here." Barf starts to peel off, spewing gas. Tuffnut mocks Snotlout with a mugging grin. Tuffnut: "Nope. Still hates you. Let's blow this place, Belch! Alright!" Belch ignites the gas, sparking a flashy explosion, and leaving Snotlout behind in the smoke. As they rush past the main bleachers, Ruffnut drops her sheep into one of five baskets suspended over a chasm at the lap crossing. Each backboard bears an image of its corresponding dragon. The Barf/Belch basket is filled to the brim with sheep. Presiding over the game, Stoick turns to the frenzied crowd. Stoick the Vast: "Ha-ha! That's nine for the Twins, Astrid lags with three, and Fishlegs and Snotlout trail with NONE!" Stoick eyes an empty basket at the far end, its backboard painted with an image of Toothless. Stoick: "And Hiccup is... nowhere to be found. Hmmm." Gobber: "Scared him off with the big talk, didn't ya, Stoick?" WHACK! Snotlout, still smoldering from the blast, gets clipped from behind. Astrid, rolls in, astride Stormfly, spirited and competitive as ever, and beautiful despite herself. Astrid: "What are you doing, Snotlout?! They're going to win now!" Snotlout: "She's my princess! Whatever she wants, she gets!" Astrid: "Ruffnut?! Didn't she try to bury you alive?!" Snotlout: "Only for a few hours!" Hiccup: "Dragons used to be a bit of a problem here. But that was five years ago. Now, they've all moved in. And, really, why wouldn't they?" The racers chase each other through a sprawling hangar and into a vast cave, teeming with colorfully painted dragon stables. They exit through the far side and circle back through the village, blasting past many of its dragon-friendly additions. Hiccup: "We have custom stables... all-you-can-eat feeding stations... a full-service dragon wash... Even top-of-the-line fire prevention, if I do say so myself." In the village, a baby Gronckle sneezes, accidentally setting one of the Viking houses aflame. Astrid peels away from the other dragon racers, and yanks open a spout on the overhead network of aqueducts, dousing the flames with a surge of water. Back to Stoick, amused as he watches the racers around the island, searching for sheep. He turns to Gobber and nods. Stoick: "It's time, Gobber." Gobber: "Righty-ho! (Aloud, to the crowd) Last lap!" A horn sounds. The racers all turn to each other, excited. Astrid: "The Black Sheep! Come on, Stormfly! We can still win this thing!" Ruffnut: "Come on, Barf!" Tuffnut: "Let's go!" Fishlegs: "Go, Meatlug!" Gobber loads the Black Sheep onto a catapult. Astrid: "Whooo-Hooo!" Tuffnut: "Let's go, let's go, let's go!" Gobber: (To the Black Sheep) "This is your big moment. Have a nice flight!" He pulls the trigger, launching the Black Sheep into the air. Astrid spots it and steers Stormfly into a steep climb toward it. Astrid: "Up, up, up!" In a flash, Fishlegs and Meatlug fly in and nab the sheep. Astrid: "NO!" Fishlegs: "YES! Good job, Meatlug!" Fishlegs tosses his captured prize to Ruffnut. Fishlegs: "Here you go, darling! Mine's worth ten!" Ruffnut: "Yeah! The Black Sheep!" Astrid: (To Snotlout) "You guys are fighting for Ruffnut?!" Ruffnut: "I'm totally winning!" Fishlegs: "We're winning together!" She rams Barf into Meatlug, sending Fishlegs into an uncontrolled spin. He slams into Snotlout, sending their dragons tumbling head over tail. The crowd goes wild. Snotlout: "Oh, no!" Ruffnut: "Whoo-hoo! No one can stop me now!" Tuffnut: "Except for me. We're attached, genius! Quit trying--" He grabs at the sheep. Ruffnut fights back, inciting a tug-of-war. Ruffnut: "Hey!" Tuffnut: "--to steal all my glory!" Astrid and Stormfly fly toward them. Astrid stands on Stormfly's back, keeping her balance. Stoick: "Get 'em, Astrid!" Tuffnut: "It's MY glory!" Ruffnut: "Always ruining EVERYTHING!" Tuffnut: "NO SHEEP, NO GLORY!" Astrid leaps off of Stormfly, runs up Belch's spindly neck, and plucks the Black Sheep from the Twins' hands. Astrid: "Gotcha! Ha-ha!" She tumbles through the air onto Stormfly, sticking a perfect landing, the Black Sheep in hand. Tuffnut: "Whoa!" Ruffnut: "Astrid!" Stoick: "Well played! Ha, ha, ha! (To the crowd) That's my future daughter-in-law!" Fishlegs: "Whoo-hoo!" Back to Astrid on Stormfly, eyeing the fast-approaching finish line, unaware as Fishlegs suddenly rams Meatlug into Stormfly, sending Astrid off-course. She recovers and sees Snotlout flying headlong toward her, war hammer cocked, aiming at Astrid. Snotlout: "Uh, excuse me!" Astrid: "Stormfly!" Snotlout hurls his hammer. Astrid ducks and rolls Stormfly out of the way. The hammer catches Fishlegs in the face with a CLANG. The crowd collectively winces. Crowd: "Oh!" Astrid and Stormfly recover from their roll, loop over the water, and blast past the finish line, dunking the Black Sheep into their basket! ASTRID WINS! Stoick: "That's thirteen! Astrid takes the game!" A shot shows two white sheep in the basket staring surprised at the Black Sheep's bottom. The crowd comes unhinged. Astrid flies over the crowd, basking in her victory. Astrid: "Yeah! Ooh-ooh!" Hiccup: (V.O.) "Yep. Berk is pretty much perfect. All of my hard work has paid off. And it's a good thing, too, because, with Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger." Toothless: All my hard work. BS! Y/n did most of it.