The awakening

::It's lovely to see you again. Oh, but my love why are you so lost? Relish and call my name. We have to complete our tale.::

°°°

It's been two days since Caroline left. He would spend his day staring at Hayley and even spend half of the nights in her room. Hell, he even tried giving her his blood but it did not have any effect. Now, he really needed her to wake up. He could not see her like this.

So he calls Freya today again. "Freya, it's been two fucking days. I'm losing my mind out here. I need her to wake up. I can bear her not having memories but I cannot see her like this."
"It will be alright brother. She will wake up."
"She isn't waking up. Please Freya find some damn spell to do this."
"I am trying Klaus."

As he was going to respond he hears Hayley coughing, "Freya, I'll get back to you." He cuts the call and rushes towards Hayley.

***

"Hayley," Hayley tries to wake up opening her eyes. As she opens her eyes she couldn't understand anything. All she thinks is, 'where am I? Who am I?' She tries to sit up when she feels a hand on her back. She sees a man, saying "it's alright love it's alright." She was too confused right now.

As she comes to her senses. She sees him standing beside her. She hastily gets up from the bed and shouts, "Who are you? Where am I?"

Suddenly she feels hunger in her. All she senses is blood flowing in the other man's body. She acts on impulse and goes to Klaus tearing his neck as her fangs come out. She drinks his blood.

Klaus at the start does not know what to do or what is happening. Then it clicks him that she is hungry. He lets her feed on him until he thinks it is enough for her. He gently pulls her away.

"Hayley," he says. "Who is Hayley? Who are you? What am I doing here? Where am I?" She asks all the wh questions so rapidly before Klaus could respond. "I am Kl-".Suddenly she starts crying and says "What did I do? I drank your blood... No no, No way."

"Hayley listen to me." Klaus walks towards her, holds both her arms and makes her look towards him. For a moment he pauses and just looks at her. While Hayley is busy thinking. She remembers what things are called like she is sitting on a bed. That is a window.

"I don't remember anything. I mean I know this is a bed, that is a window. But nothing else."

He can't see her like this. So lost and not knowing what to do. But he makes a promise to himself that he will take care of her and not let her down as he did before.

"You are Hayley Marshall. But due to some mishap, you have lost your memories."
"Oh. No no" She slips away through his hold. "
It's alright, I am here to protect you," Klaus says hoping she would understand. "Why would you do that?" She asks.
"Because I need you."
"What is our relation?" she asks wondering why would he need her.

Klaus thinks about what he should tell her.  

Hayley sees him lost in thought, and asks, "Heyy I asked you something? Who were you to me?" ."A close friend". He responds. "Ohh" is all she says.

"So is that why I live with you?" She asks curiously. "Yes," He answers.

Hayley walks towards the bed and sits on it. She takes her time to calm down while Klaus goes downstairs to bring blood bags for her.

°°°

As he comes back, he sees that she has finally calmed down. He asks, "Heyy, How are you feeling?" "I am alright." She answers.
"Hayley I know you are completely clueless but trust me you are alright and I am here to protect you until you recollect your memories. "Saying this, he really wants to make her feel comfortable. "Thank you."

Then he hands over the blood bag to her. "Hayley drink this. You need to." She gives him a disgusted look. "Please love, have at it."She drinks from it until the blood fills her senses.

After drinking blood again she feels refreshed. She asks him, "So who are you?" "I am Klau-." She cuts him off again asking," Are you too a monster like me?" This question makes him snap. A monster had always been the best definition of him and right now  he was speeches yet he said, "Love, you are not a monster, you are a vampire. And yes I am one too."

"What is your name?" "I am Niklaus Mikaelson. But please call me Klaus" "Ok." She replies coyly and smiles a bit. She feels relaxed for some reason.

"So why do we live in the same house?" She asked this surprising Klaus. "As I told you, you are someone close to me. You needed a place to stay and I offered it to you," he answers. "

He looks at her so tired off and of course still clueless. "Have some rest, Hayley. " "I am sure tired but I am feeling as if I've been asleep for ages. I want to go out." She responds.
"As much I would love to go out right now, we cannot because you my dear needs a daylight ring. And for that, I need a witch. "
"What is a daylight ring?"
"It protects you from the sun as you are a vampire."He can't believe he is explaining this to someone and also that someone being Hayley.
"So bring me a witch." she retorts.

He thinks about it but he knows one witch knowing about her whereabouts is as if every witch knowing. So he says, "I cannot that easily."
"Why not?"
"Because it is risky. They will know you are back and also my whereabouts." She looked at him with a questioning face.
He said, "You won't understand Hayley." She huffs and goes to the bathroom.

°°°

He lets Hayley clean up and change her clothes. He had thought he would see Hayley the way she was but right now he was clueless. This was not what he was expecting. But he would do anything for her and he knew it.

He would never admit but he needed her to be the one soothing him but now it was all different.  How will he handle her? He doubts himself as if he can do it? He thinks maybe she would be better of with Freya or Rebekah taking her care. But deep down he knows he can and he will. He won't lose her ever again.

'''

A/N
Here is the third chapter. I know this chapter feels a bit off to me. I am sorry but I will make it up to you. Though I hope you like this.
Thank you.
🙂