CH Headcanon: Displaying Dominance

The quest for domination over our peers is an instinct that has been embedded in our DNA since life first walked this earth.  Over time, as life learned to live in groups of their own kind and develop social hierarchies, dominance displays changed as the creatures evolved and became more intelligent, and countryhumans are no different.

Why would a countryhuman need to display dominance?  It is the same reason why animals and humans would want to be dominant; territory, leadership, and respect.  Countryhumans are always fighting each other for resources and territory, the more a country or entity controls, the more powerful they become over other countries, and therefore are less likely to be challenged by weaker nations.  Leadership is always a battle of the best, usually between countries and insurgents, but sometimes when two entities control the same organization, the bigger and stronger one will almost always win.  And of course, there is respect, a respectable country is a powerful country, but how that country earns respect will always determine just how long their dominance over others will last, as sometimes, respect from fear can be overpowered by respect from love.

There are many different ways dominance can be displayed, countryhumans with animal parts have displays that are unique to them and others that are similar to them, but there are a few methods that can be found in all countryhumans as a whole.  One observation about countryhumans is that they tend to be slightly more animalistic than normal humans. They will typically use animal-like noises more often than humans, i.e; growls, snarls, purrs, and the occasional squeak.  With this being said, it will be very common for such noises to be used when countries are agitated, though growling is most commonly seen in militants for reasons unknown.

If aggressive noises don't work, physical assault will usually follow, and depending on the countryhuman will determine just how physical the fight will get.  Most countries and entities prefer to use weapons like blades and guns when fighting, but occasionally when a half-animal country is involved, punching, kicking, and wrestling will most likely be the outcome.  Fights between countryhumans will typically happen in public with an audience as a means of showing dominance, the winner will make an example of the loser to show that they are the alpha and are not to be challenged, which neatly brings in the next means of domination; humiliation.

Humiliation is observed to be the preferred dominance display among countryhumans and can take on four forms, private, public, sexual, and racial:

Private humiliation is when the dominant (alpha) entity humiliates a lesser (omega) entity for their own pleasure, away from other entities, an example of private humiliation is torturing prisoners of war, i.e. Ussr torturing Mandara. 

Public humiliation is when the alpha entity takes the omega somewhere with many witnesses and humiliates them that way, for instance, Ukraine leading a collared and muzzled MA in front of a bunch of Mandarian citizens. 

Sexual humiliation is the most common of the four, being slightly more animalistic than humans, countryhumans have a sex drive that is more powerful and controlling than humans.  Because of this, it is extremely common for an alpha entity to sexually dominate and humiliate an omega entity that has been captured, and sexual humiliation can be private or public, Poland and Mandara are two such examples.

Racial humiliation is the second most common and actually refers to half-animal countries being treated as pets.  Feline and canine entities will typically be muzzled and collared, winged entities will be clipped if they have feathers, and entities with other wild animal traits will sometimes be referred to as pets and "trained" to obey their alphas.  Mandara had his wings clipped and although not part canine, MA was muzzled and collared like a one.

The final observed way a countryhuman displays dominance is the complete execution of another entity.  This is a forbidden practice in the modern world, but in early centuries it was very common to execute enemy countryhumans in very gruesome fashions, one of the worst examples is the dismemberment of Austria-Hungary, as he was kept alive during the experience and the Germans were made to watch, which is solid evidence that the allies were trying to make an example of A-H to show that they were the alphas and shouldn't be challenged lest their enemies suffer the same fate.