Travelling

I've always thought that travelling was part of the holiday.

True, waiting in queues and getting body searched or almost missing your flight because you were 'just closing your eyes for another 5 minutes' was annoying, but it wouldn't be the same without it.

Sometimes, I actually find myself enjoying the travelling (depending on how far it is). It can feel unreal at different times of the day, like really late at night or really early in the morning, like you're seeing the world at a time of day that isn't usual for you, like out of a plane window or on a winding country road.

What makes travelling even more enjoyable, is when it's with someone else. Especially if you're travelling with someone you love. It can get lonely or even more boring otherwise.

Marcus had a game against PSG, so afterwards to celebrate the 1-3 victory, we stayed in Paris for a special mini holiday ( the price certainly wasn't mini!) Most of the rest of the team had either left already or were headed elsewhere.

Now I see why they call it the city of love.

Or maybe that's just how Marcus makes me feel, we could probably go to a sewer and he'd still find a way to make it romantic.

Of course we went to see the Eiffel tower, we tried plenty of new food, found some new undiscovered allergies on the way and saw plenty of sights.

By my definition, a perfect holiday with perfect company.

We had to be back 3 days later, Marcus for training and me for work. This meant catching the soonest flight to make good time, which made our flight at the awkward time of 3am.

So we had to be there for around 1am, and we set off for the airport from the hotel at 12am.

We checked in, sent our suitcases off and then headed to security.

I'm never fully sure why, but it always makes me nervous. Stupid thoughts fly through my head, like what if I accidentally have a gun or maybe someone planted a bomb in my bag to frame me.

Marcus gets nervous too, but that's because he has had a few racial injustices against him regarding security reasons. It makes me so mad.

Although being a celebrity does help him out of them, the fact still stands that they are only being respectful because he is famous. This implies that if he wasn't well-known, it would be a different story.

I hate when they make you take your shoes off to scan them, it honestly gives me anxiety. Not only do we all then have to smell that person's lovely feet, but also see them. No thanks.

We made it through, and seeing Marcus loop his belt back through his trousers made me feel things.

Part of me felt like he did it on purpose because he knew I liked it when he did it.

"Can we go look at the shops" he asked, giddy with excitement. I have no idea how he's so awake at this time, but he's acting like a cute little puppy right now.

Who could say no?

"Lead the way baby" I responded, my heart melting at the happy grin he gave me.

There were a couple gift shops, book shops, your obvious perfume section and a few places to eat or get drinks.

He headed for the gift shops first, taking my hand so we wouldn't be separated.

I looked round, selecting a small Eiffel tower keyring while he selected a massive toblerone without any hesitation.

Noticing my questioning stare, he defensively said " don't worry, I'll share".

We'll see about that I thought.