06; The truth comes out

Sorry guys, I had a huge writers block... so yeah.. Here is chapter 6!

Kyle was getting way to stressed out so I took him with me to get some coffee.

Right now we are walking, more like swaggering, around the streets of this huge town. After a long silence I spoke up, ''We will catch him, you know..''

''How can you be so sure of that.'' His voice cracked a little at the end, he is upset as hell. I can't blame him though... Krumm killed his cousin and got away with it.

''Kate won't let this case down. She can do this.''

''And what does she have that our team doesn't have?''

''Brains.'' I joked and we both chuckled, ''No, Kate and her team may look at things differently. In those 2 years we looked at everything the same way, maybe we just need another point of view.'' Kyle nod slowly and smiled at me, ''You were always the smart one.'' I grinned and look up at him, ''It rules in the family, I guess, but you are very smart too.''

''I don't think so.'' He said laughing slightly. ''Soo.. is your sister dating that writer.. Castle?''

''Nope, I don't get it though... They would be perfect.''

''Yeah... I agree.'' He threw his empty coffe-cup away and I did the same. ''Come on let's go back to the precinct."

*

We arrived back at the precinct faster than I thought, but I guess that happens when you are having fun..

We walked up to the desk and only saw Kate's team, which is also mine. ''Where are the others?'' I asked as Kyle and I got closer. ''New case,'' Ryan said, ''They got called back to LA. Your old boss said that Kyle could stay.'' Kyle and I nod and I sat down in my chair. ''Soo... Anything new?''

They all shook their heads, I couldn't help, but feel a little dissapointed.

Because there are a lot of things about Krumm that even Kate doesn't know.

Only my old team.

The history between Krumm and I.

And they should never find out.

*

We finally had a lead after another long 2 hours. Not a new body, but a message. Krumm had hacked in to our computer system and sended me a picture of an old house. Soon enough we had found out where that house was and Ryan, Kyle and I went to check it out while others worked on a different lead.

We stood in front of the door with our guns in our hand, pepared for everything. We shared a look and slowly opened the door. It was completely empty, except for one place. In the middle of the living room stood a box, with a creepy looking doll on top of it with a note in its hand. Kyle and Ryan went to take a look around and I knelled down in front of the box. I grabbed the note, which in the end turned out to be 2 pictures.

2 sights I never wanted to see again. I frowned and a suddenly yell brought me out of my dreams, ''Elena!'' It was Ryan. I looked up at him and noticed what he was looking at. A camera in the corner of the room.

He was watching us.

Kyle's eyes flicked to the box in slight fear and I picked up the doll slowly and noticed there was a timer underneath it. There were only 7 seconds left. ''LET'S GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.'' I put the 2 pictures in my pockett can quickly got to my feet. We all started to run and just as we got out of the front door the bomb had exploded.

The force of the bomb sended the 3 of us flying a couple of feet away, onto the street. Cars came to a stop as we fell on the cold hard ground. I was lying inbetween the 2 men with a pounding headache annoying sound in my ears and my ribs hurted like a bitch. My hand flew up as I felt blood rushing down my cheek. I had a cut above my eyebrow and as of this made me groan in annoyance.

''You guys okay?'' I asked as the annoying sound in my ears went away and we head sirens coming our way. Both of the men nod and I sighed in relief. People were gathering around us, but I didn't care anymore.

We were all okay.

*

I sat down at my desk after the 3 of us got out from the hospital. After the doctors had taken care of our wounds we were free to go.

Ryan had a broken rib, a cut on his cheek and a sprained wrist. Kyle had a wound on the back of his head, 2 bruised and 1 broken rib. And I got the full blast, dislocated left shoulder and the wrist was sprained, I had a cut above my eyebrow, bruise on my left cheek and 3 broken ribs.

Yaay me!

Note my fucking sarcasm.

Kyle and Ryan had both gone to change, but I didn't.

I can't drive my car anymore after all..

I am not aloud.

I would drive home with Ryan and I would let Espo bring my lambo home the next day.

Suddenly I rembered the pictures in my pockett and grabbed them. I looked at them again and the same sad expression appeared on my face. I sighed and grabbed a mirror out of my desk. I pulled my hair away a little and pulled my jacket down.

The rose mark on my neck will stay there forever.

*

Ryan and I walked up to my apartment. Considering the recent events he insisted taking my up to my apartment to make sure it was safe.

He is way to sweet.

I opened the front door and we both got in. We both looked around to look for anything that didn't belong there, but everything looked normal.

''See nothing is wrong!'' I said in fake happiness, smiling a little, but he didn't smile back. ''Elena?'' He asked sounding worried. ''Yes?''

''What did you see at that house?''

''What do you mean?''

''I saw you holding something like a picture, before the explotion, what was it?''

''It is nothing Ryan.''

''Tell me Elena.'' He practically ordered me. I look down at the floor, ''It's nothing.''

''Elena..'' He said a little softer this time. I sighed and put my hand my right pocket and grabbed the pictures. I handed them to Ryan and he looked at them in slight shock. ''Is this Kyle's cousin.'' I nod and he looked at the other, ''And this is you.. with a guy and his face is crossed out.. who is he?''

''His name was Chris Kort, he used to be part of our team. I loved him and Krumm knew it. Krumm was obsessed with me and kidnapped me.'' I pulled my jacket down and my hair away and showed him the mark. His jaw dropped further as he became more shocked, ''Chris saved my life that night before Krumm could do anything, but 3 days later he was found dead with the mark on his neck. That was the only time he changed his MO.''

Tears blurred my vision as I told the story. They slowly started to find their way down my cheeks. ''What if we can't catch him, Kevin?''

''I know that we will catch him." Ryan said stepping closer to me. "How can you be so sure of that?" I asked him with a tear rolling down my cheek. I had just told him everything.

I trust him.

"We won't back down until we catch this bastard. You have to tell Kate all this stuff, Elena."

"But she will be pissed."

"No, she will be worried."

After a few seconds of silence Ryan spoke up again, "I promise you, Elena, that we will catch him."

"You promise?" I asked with tears still rolling down my cheeks.

"I promise. "

"I'm scared, Kevin."

"I know you are." He said wrapping me into his arms.