12; Date talks

YES, THIS STORY IS GOING TO BE PUT OF HOLD. BUT IT WILL BE CHANGED TO SLOW UPDATES SINCE I AM A BUSY TEENAGER.

It's not a very long chapter, but it's something

//

I heard footsteps coming closer and the door close. ''Elena?'' It was Ryan, oh crap. ''Yeah?'' I asked turning around to face him. ''I wanna talk about last night.'' I nod, ''Go on.''

''It didn't mean anything right? I mean we were tipsy and we weren't thinking straight.'' I nod slowly, ''Okay.'' I didn't dare to say much else. What if I told him my feelings and he rejected me?

''So no awkward or hard feelings?''

''Nope.'' Yes.

''Great.'' He smiled at me and I looked down at his lips remembering how they felt on mine. He turned around and walked away. I started to make coffee for myself and then it hit me..

Did I just get rejected?

//

The next few days went by slowly. There was a new case. A man named Phil Jackson and his sister were killed on a camping trip by 'werewolves'. The bodies were covered in scratches and since wolf-like hair was found in the wounds Castle was convinced the crimes were commited by werewolves.

I sipped my coffee was I went through the sister's phone records trying to finds something usefull. I could not find anything. I glanced at the clock; 7:30 AM. Ryan and Espo should be arriving soon.

The past few days have been awkward with Ryan and we barely spoke to each other. I believe Kate hasn't noticed it yet, but Espo did. I heard him ask Ryan if something had happened between us, which Ryan answered with a simple 'no'. Espo didn't look convinced, but decided to let it slide.

If Castle noticed, I was not so sure.

Like clockwork the dynamic duo walked in. Ryan and Espo sat down at Espo's desk. I tried not to be much of an eavesdrop, but there was one thing that Espo said that caught my attention. ''You are going on a date with HER?!'' I kept staring at my computer screen as I listened along. ''She cheated on you man! You were broken for like... months!''

Cheated, broken? Was he going on a date with Jennie?

That thought caused my heart to break into even more pieces. Why with her? Why give her another chance?

''She texted me yesterday afternoon and I really believe she deserves another chance.'' I glanced over my computer screen and noticed a huge grinn on Ryan's face. ''Whatever you say, bro.''

''There has been another murder.'' The sudden voice of my sister startled me. ''It's Phil's cousin this time.'' I turned to face her. ''Oh, werewolves killing a family! How exciting!'' Castle spoke, the biggest grinn ever on his face. He noticed my sisters glare and his grinn faded. ''I mean, it's awful.''

''Espo, Ryan.'' The pair looked at the brunette, ''The two of you with me to the new crime scene. Ellie, Castle, visit the old one in the woods. See if the two of you can find anything new.'' I nod as I grabbed my coat. ''YES! I FINALLY GET TO GO IN THE LAMBO!'' Castle yelled out in glee as he followed the younger Beckett, who had a smile on her face.

//

''So everything okay between Ryan and you?'' We were walking through the woods, using google maps to find our way back to the crime scene. ''Yeah. Why?''

''Well. I noticed there have been no corny jokes or unintentional teasing since a couple of days ago. I just thought the two of you had a fight.''

''No Castle. There was no fight.'' I swatted my hands infront of my face, trying to get rid of those annoyingly small flies. ''Just a slight disagreement?'' He asked as he followed after me. ''Yeah, you could say that.''

''You know. I think it is stupid of him to go on a date with Jennie. I mean, it is not like I made the best choises in my love life, but going on a serious date with the girl that cheated on you and left you broken with an engagement ring and a wedding to call of? No, just no.''

''Well, I don't know what to think about it Castle. I only met her briefly, once.'' She paused, ''But if you say it like that I will have to agree with you.''

''Thank you.''

''But Castle, don't make any stupid mistakes with my sister.'' Castle stopped in his tracks, ''W-what are you talking about?''

''Oh please, you think I haven't noticed you staring at her.'' I stopped as we reached the crime scene, ''I approve, just don't hurt her or I will break your arm.'' He cleared his throat, ''Got that. But you actually think Kate has- feeling for me?''

''Oh hell yeah I do. Now let's get to work.''