09; The Phantom Of The Opera

2 chapters in a day, I AM ON FIRE.

Back at the precinct Kate, Castle and I were sitting in front of the whiteboard looking over at what we had got so far. ''So, Lily Konokaua, 19, from Hawaii, comes to New York to become a professional dancer, get's shot in the stomach and thrown of the theater she works at.'' Beckett started. ''Maybe the killer is the phantom of the opera.'' Castle spoke with a smirk. Kate threw him 'The Look' and he shut up.

I rolled my eyes at the 2, they are definitely in love.

''I don't trust that Peter guy.'' I suddenly said. ''What no? They barely knew each other.'' Castle told me. ''When we went to tell the cast and the crew of the play he didn't seem fazed by the fact she was death, while the others had a real look of shock.''

''But what would his motive be?'' I looked at my older sister, ''There doesn't always have to be a motive, trust me I know.'' She was about to say something else when she was cut off by Espo. ''Yo, our vic was shot by a .38 caliber bullet, just like Elena predicted. Lanie had also found DNA under the nails, but it is not in the system, so we don't know who it belongs to.''

''Is Peter Helo in the system?'' I asked Ryan. He sat down at his chair and typed in Peter Helo. His DNA wasn't in the system and I turned to Kate. ''What now?'' I asked her. ''Well, you were right about his reaction so let's dig deeper to see if we could find a motive. After we have that we will talk to him. Espo, go to Lily's phone records, Ryan and Elena work in her financials, find something that links Peter to Lily or if you find any other suspects. Castle and I will visit the college to talk to her roommate.''

*

After 1 hour Kate and Castle were back and working on god knows what. Espo was now going through her email and Ryan and I were still busy with her financials. It looked like she went to a caffee every week on Tuesday at the same time. Ryan and I decided to tell Kate so we walked over to her and Ryan spoke, ''Our vic has been going to the same caffee every Tuesday at the same time.''

''You guys go check it out, see if she was meeting with someone.'' Kate told us and Ryan and I both nod.

*

We got into his car, since I still had my shoulder in the sling and Ryan started the car. ''So how is your shoulder and everything?'' He asked after a few minutes. ''Shoulder is doing better, ribbs still hurt like a bitch.'' He chuckled and glanced at me.

Ryan was the one to pick me up for work this morning and will also be the one to bring me home tonight. He has been really nice to me and I really like him and with like I mean a little more than just friends. I am sure he doesn't think about getting into a relationship again anytime soon. I mean, he broke of his engagement like 3 or 4 months ago, because that Jenny girl was cheating on him.

She was really stupid.

Come on! Who would do that to such a sweet and caring guy.

''Elena?'' Ryan asked, snapping me out of my trance. ''Yes?''

''We're here.'' Just then I noticed that the car stood still. ''Oh..'' I mumbled. He just laughed and we both got out of the car. He opened the door for me and let me go in first. We walked up to the counter (Is that the right word?) and the man behind it spoke, ''Can I help you?''

''Yes.'' I said and Ryan and I showed him our badge. ''Have you seen this woman?'' I showed him a picture on my phone and he looked at it. ''Yes, yes, I have seen her before. Nice lady, she comes by every Tuesday. Is she in some kind of trouble?''

Ryan ignored his question and continued. ''Did she meet up with someone?''

''Yes, with this blond guy, he had blue eyes if I am correct. They were very close.''

Mm, that didn't sound like her boyfriend..

''Like, dating?'' I asked.

''Yes it looked like it. I once saw them kissing in front of the building.'' I scrolled through my phone and found a picture of Peter. ''Is this the guy you saw her with?''

''Yes, that's him, but like I asked before is she in some kind of trouble?''

''She is dead, sir.'' I told him and he looked sad. ''O my god.'' He mumbled. I grabbed a cart out of my pocket and handed it to him. ''If you remember anything of importance just call.'' He nod and Ryan and I turned to walked away.

Ryan was about to open the door when we heard someone speak, ''Kevin?''

We both turned and faced a blond haired woman. I glanced at Ryan who was looking shocked and hurt at the same time.

Who was this woman?

Was this Jenny?