03; New suspect and phone calls

Elena's pov:

After 15 minutes research I saw my sister walk out of the 'talk' room with a man and a little girl behind her. They shook hands and Katie started to walk in our direction. (I was sitting with Castle and Ryan) Once she reached us Kate spoke up, "I don't really think it's him but lets keep him in mind." We all nod. "So our victim was a kindergarten teacher?" Castle said looking at me. I nod, "Yeah so?" I knew he was going to come up with some funny theory, Katie already told me he does that kind of stuff. "So what if the teacher was involved with-" I cut him of, "Drugs?" He nod, "Or mafia." I shook my head, "That's cliche. I think she was having a secret boyfriend."

"That's lame." Castle said. I raised a brow looking offended. "But Elena's theory makes more sense." Kate said. Castle pouted and sighed in defeat.

Then Espo came over, "Yo guys, apparently our victim got into a fight with one of the parents last week and our victim even slapped the guy. The parent was Thomas Brickson." Kate nod and look at Ryan and I, "You two,go to Thomas Brickson and see what he has to say.Espo go through financials. Castle and I are going to see Lanie,see if she's got some news." We all nod and went our own ways.

"We're going with my car." I said. "And why don't we go with mine?" I chuckled, "Because my car is awesome." He just shook his head and we kept on walking. Once we got to my Black and Yellow Lamborghini (The one on the picture) Ryan's jaw dropped. "No way.. How did you get this?"

"I once stopped a serial killer. People were very happy and the is how they said thank you."

"Maybe I could get one if I did the same." He said.

I opened the car with the buttons on my key, "Sure, if you wanna work on a case were the killer murders babies and hangs there insides on a wall."

"Okay nevermind, that's nasty. Did that really happen?" He said once we were in the car. "Yep it wasn't the most beautiful case. But I'm happy I caught the guy. I got a weakness for children."

"But the insides of the children on a wall?" I nod, "Yep.. I hated that case. I also kinda kept a trauma of that." It's true. That case. There was this guy Christian Jefferson murdered babies that were between 6 and 7 months old. That guy was sick in his head. I cried when I saw the first child. I was scared all the time but went on. I didn't want more babies to die.

Ryan cringed and changed the subject as I started the car, "Soo how do you like the first case so far?" I thought for a second and spoke up, "I'm happy this is kind of a normal case instead of a kidnapper or serial killer, so yeah..."

"You had many of those cases?"

"I've had kidnappers, serial killers, mafia, rapists, almost everything actually.. I've been kidnapped 5 times myself.." Ryan nod and looked at the road again. Somehow I felt like I could trust him. He seems so nice.

The rest of the car ride was in silence. It wasn't awkward, but comfortable. We pulled up to at the place where Thomas Brickson worked, he is a car salesman. Ryan and I got out of the car and walked into the building. This man walked up to us, "Can I help you?"

"Yeah Detective Elena Beckett,NYPD. This is detective Ryan." I said pointing towards Ryan, "I'm looking for a Thomas Brickson, you know him?"

"Well I'm James Lawson, Thomas is my best friend what has he done?"

"He's a suspect in a murder investigation, now where is he?"

"He's over there." He said pointing at a 6'0 foot guy with blond hair, blue eyes and a suite. I nod and Ryan muttered a 'thanks'. We walked over to the guy. "Thomas Brickson." Ryan said. The guy turned around and looked at us, "Yes can I help you?"

"Detective Ryan and Detective Beckett from the NYPD. Could you come back to the precinct with us?" The guy nod, "It's my break so I guess I can. What is this about?"

"It's about the murder on Cathleen Moriana." I said and he looked at me with a shocked expression. Let's see what we got.

-Back at the precinct, in the interrogation room with Ryan-

"What did you and Mrs. Moriana argue about?" I asked staring deep into his eyes. "We didn't argue." He said with shock in his eyes. That was enough for me. "We have several witnesses who saw you arguing with our victim." I said calmly, "They said she even slapped you, so I'll ask again.. What were you 2 arguing about?"

"Okay I'll just tell you the truth. Cathleen and I were having an affair. But we ended it the night of the argument."

"Did your wife now about it?" Ryan asked as he was standing behind me against the wall. Thomas shook his head, "I don't think she did."

"Where were you last night between the hours of 2 and 6 am?" I asked. "With my wife. In bed sleeping." He said with tears in his eyes, "I would never kill Cathy. Just that you know."

"I'm gonna check with your wife if it is true. Your free to go now." I said as Ryan and I walked out. We walked over to our desks as Kate spoke up, "You think it's him?" I shook my head, "I don't know.. Let's see if his alibi checks out." She nod and turned back to the papers.

--Next day--

We didn't find much yesterday. Thomas alibi checked out and there is nothing weird about the financials so far. Anyway I woke up by the sound of my phone. I groaned turned around and picked it up, "Hello?" I asked lazily. "Hey big boobs, how ya doing." Oh no.. Kyle Johnson.. The player of my old team. "Don't call me that Johnson.. I was peacefully sleeping when you decided to call me."

"Yo, any fun cases yet?"

"I'm working on the first one now."

"What's it about?" Even though he is a perverted player he's still my best friend.

"A kindergarten teacher. 33 years old. Divorced, a child. Was having a affair with one of the dads."

"Sounds to cliche for you, Beckett. Where are the rapists and serial killers?"

"I guess those are normal murder cases." I replied with a chuckle. I could hear him laugh softly and he said somthing I knew he was gonna say, "Was she hot?"

"Johnson-" I was about to say something but I was cut of by a knock on my door. I got up and completed my sentence, "Stop being such a perv and get yourself an actual girlfriend." I opened my door and saw Ryan and Espo standing there with coffee in their hands. "Uh Johnson, I gotta go. Talk to ya later bro."

"Sure Ellie, Love you."

"Yeah, yeah love you to moron. Byee." And with that I hung up. When I realized I was still without make-up, in my pj's with messy hair I decided to speak up, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Picking you up for work what else." Javi said pushing himself past me into the house. He was followed by Kevin and they both sat on my couch. "I got my own car ya know." Javi shrugged, "Yeah yeah a Lamborghini so what?"

I chuckled, "You're jealous." He looked at me, "Whaaat? Noo? Ok maybe a little." I laughed softly, "Ok guy wait here I'll be back in 10." I got back to my room and got dressed. I fixed my hair and did my make-up and walked downstairs. "Let's go." I said and we all walked out of my apartment.