Chapter 1: Moon

Sah and Mekh were running through their home, the home temple. Today was a big celebration. It marked Daleth's birthday, and everyone was there.

Ayin and Lamed were holding hands, sitting down and watching their kids play. "Look at how happy they are!" Lamed giggled, and Ayin nodded. "They're always full of energy." He said.

Tsudi came up behind them and slapped their backs, making them jump up and turn around "Bro! Sheesh, don't do that!" Ayin huffed, and Tsudi chuckled. "Couldn't help it. You know how I am! Anyways, where's Dad?"

"With Teth. Why?"

"Just wondering." Tsudi shrugged, then walked off.

Daleth came running from the house with Teth. "Everyone! You have to come to the backyard!" He called, urgency in his voice.

Sah and Mekh looked at each other and walked to their Mother and Father who rubbed their heads and got up.

Tsudi and the others began to follow Teth and Daleth into the backyard, where a small dent in the ground was visible.

"What is that?" Mekh asked, looking at her brother, whom shrugged. "I don't know."
"Look! There's a creature inside," Lamed exclaimed, pointing at the center.
Indeed there was a creature in there, it looked just like a Sky Kid... But their normally brown mask was navy blue, and the cape was only half sewn.

The creature's body twitched and it slowly moved a bit, sitting up, then looked at all the Elders.
It squeaked and slowly shrunk back towards the far end of the crater.

"It's okay, we won't hurt you," Lamed said softly, smiling and slowly holding out her hand.
The creature looked at her hand for a few minutes, then slowly crawled towards it, looking up at Lamed.
"Are you a sky kid?" She asked, and for once, the creature spoke. "W-what's a sky kid..?" They asked in a feminine voice.

Well, that ruled out the creature being a sky kid. So what was it?

"Well, They're kind of like you! Can you honk?" Sah asked.
The creature nodded, and made a soothing honking noise, that sounded like a violin. "L-like that?" The creature asked, and Sah nodded. "Yep."

The creature looked in thought. "I get told I'm a Moon Kid sometimes by the stars! They make me not lonely," The creature said.

"A Moon Kid?" Daleth questioned. "First I've heard of it."
"Me too," Teth said.

   "Where's your family?" Mekh asked, which made the 'Moon Kid' lookd down, sniffling. "I... I don't have any family. I've just been on my own," They explained.
   "That's horrible..!" Lamed gasped, instinctively pulling the creature into a hug. "What are you doing?" The creature asked, and Lamed then let go. "Oh, I'm sorry! I just felt bad. I didn't mean to hug you, well- I did, but you know what I mean." She nervously laughed.

"Do you have a name?" Ayin asked. "No."

"Hmmm.. How about Daisy? You have a daisy in your hair," Daleth suggested.

The creature smiled. "I like that name, I go by They/them, but I don't mind."

"Well, nice to meet you Daisy! I'm Mekh, and this is my brother Sah, my mother  Lamed, and my Father Ayin. Our Aunt Teth, Grandpa Daleth, and our Uncle Tsudi!" She introduced them all, and Daisy nodded, looking at all of them. "It is nice to meet you all." They bowed.

Lamed looked at the others then back at Daisy. "Would you like to come inside?" She offered, and Daisy nodded. "Yes please."

Lamed nodded and she got up, holding her hand out for Daisy, who took it and walked inside the temple with the other elders.

Later after some more discussion and conversation with Daisy, the Elders learned that Daisy couldn't remember anything except what they were.

"I see.." Daleth nodded, eyes closed, and hummed. "Well, it doesn't seem you have any place to stay so..."
"So...?" Daisy tilted their head.

"Would you like to be apart of our family?" Lamed asked, making Daisy gasp.

"...Yes..."