29

It's been about a week since I broke up with Draco. I sent an owl to him with the bracelet he gave me. He is always staring at me during meals and classes I have with him. Over the past few days I have let myself feel instead of pushing feelings down. Because when I push them down, they come back to me and they come crashing down. I haven't hurt myself in about a week and a half. I feel really good about it. The school year is ending in about two weeks. So to make it go faster I have been spending time with Severus. We aren't 'together' yet but I am hoping it will happen sometime before school ends. I am going to really miss him over the summer. I know I can write to him but it just won't be the same. Anyway that's all for now.

-Y/N

I closed my journal and put it back in the stack of books on my bedside table. I woke up extra early just so I could write in my journal without snarky comments from Emma. I checked my watch. Breakfast started a few minutes ago. I slithered out of my bed and got dressed. I went to the bathroom and freshened up. When I was done I headed off to the Great Hall.

When I entered the Great Hall I looked up at the staff table. None was up there except McGonagall. It's still early. I thought. I walked over to my house table. None of my friends were there, only some first years I didn't know well. I sat at the very end of the table, closest to the staff table. I looked over at the Slytherin table. Even Draco and his friends weren't there. I looked around and there were up to five people at each of the house tables. Normally there are more people here. I scooped some food onto my plate and began eating.

After a few minutes of eating all the rest of Hogwarts came in. Even the teachers. And they were all, No. No they can't be. Are they? They definitely are. They were all staring at me. Some were giving me pitying looks, annoyed looks, and some even angry. What did I do? I spotted Severus. He wasn't looking at me but he looked angry. Emma and Hermione sped walked over to me.

"Don't listen to anyone." Said Emma quietly as she sat down.

"What are you talking about? What happened? Where was everyone?" Emma and Hermione exchanged worried glances.

"Well, ya know that 6th year Slytherin boy named Leroy ?" I vaguely remember him. I nodded my head.

Draco's P.O.V:

I was walking down the corridor on my way to the Great Hall.

"Draco!" Called someone from behind me. I stopped walking and turned. It was Leroy, a fellow 6th year. "Hey man." He said once he got to me.

"Hey." I said.

"How are you?" He asked

"Fine."

He cocked an eyebrow. "Really? I would have figured you would be happy." 

I narrowed my eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Well you got rid of that slut." 

I turned to him. "What are you talking about?" I forced through clenched teeth.

"That whore Y/N. She is always trying to get with older guys." I felt myself shaking with rage. Even if we aren't together anymore I will not let anyone talk about her like that. I looked around and saw a crowd was forming. Before I could say anything another 6th year stopped next to Leroy. I think her name is Tabitha.

"Did you know she cuts herself for attention?" Asked Tabitha loudly. Wait, what?

"You both better shut you fucking mouths right now." I said in a low, strained calm voice, trying my best to not kill these two.

"Well it's just facts man. She is a whore." Oh that's it. I punched him in the face. He stumbled back. I swung again but this time I didn't have the element of surprise on my side. He blocked it and punched me. It was a weak punch. I kicked him in the side and he fell to the ground. I got on top of him and just started punching him in the face as hard as I could.

"NEVER TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT HER YOU FUCKER." I screamed. Hands grabbed my under the arms and lifted me off him. It was Severus. I don't need his fucking help. I don't care if he made an agreement with my mother or not. I looked around. Tabitha looked horrified. As did a bunch of people that were watching.

"Mr Malfoy. Dumbledore's office. NOW." Said Snape angrily. He gripped my upper arm really tight and started half dragging me to Dumbledore's office.

Y/NS P.O.V:

After they finished telling me what happened I just couldn't believe it.

"Do you really do those things Tabitha said?" Whispered Hermione. Should I tell her? I shook my head.

"No I don't." She let out a sigh of relief.

"That's what I thought. Tabitha is just a,a,-"

"Bitch" Finished Emma. Hermione nodded.

"Exactly."

"I am going to go back to our dormitory." Emma nodded.

"But we have class in about five minutes!" Exclaimed Hermione.

"I don't care." I said. I got up and walked to the door of the hall. A bunch of people were watching me. I ignored their stares and left.

Great. Now everyone is going to think that. Even though it's true, I don't want everyone knowing. I thought as I walked up to my room.

When I got to my room I plugged my earbuds into my phone, started some music and slid into my bed. I pulled the blanket over my head and turned up the volume on my phone. I closed my eyes and decided I was no longer going to give a fuck about myself.

I ended up sleeping the whole day. I even slept through dinner. I woke up at about ten PM. Emma was asleep in her bed. I quietly got up and grabbed my special bag. Fuck being clean for a week and a half. I thought.

I sat on the cold tile floor of the bathroom, Dragging lines across my skin. Each one I pressed harder and harder. Blood was pooling all over the floor. I noticed there were orange rings on the floor of dried blood that were never cleaned up properly. No doubt from me. I continued until I had cuts all over my arm. I dropped the razor blade on the floor and rested my head against the wall. Tears began to fall from my eyes.

When I got back to my room an owl was sitting in the window sill. I put my bag back in the drawer in my nightstand. I walked over to the owl. It had a note tied to its leg. I untied it and saw it was addressed to me. I noticed the handwriting instantly. I opened the note.

Please come talk to me tomorrow after class.

-Sev

I tossed the note into the rubbish. I climbed back into bed and fell asleep.