chapter 3

"I'm not interested, ask yodo."

Shinki replied and araya bowed his head in defeat. He wanted to do it with shinki, actually anything was alright only if he could do it with shinki alone. Anything. The boys continue walking after the kazekage in silence after minutes their paths separate and araya leaves the two alone. Here again it was, the silence shinki really wanted to break and just before the front door he did.

"Father. Tell me what is it?"

Gaara didn't even want to notice the question and just Unlocked the door stepping inside and throwing the keys on a table.

"Father?!"

"PLEASE!..I-i mean please could you stop asking that would be generous"

Shinki was reading gaaras expression, it seemed helpless and angry at the same time, shinki bowed his head.

"Im...im sorry father. Ill leave you alone now"

He slowly got up the stairs, leaving the sad man by himself. Only now gaara wished he could go back in time and take back everything he had done today.

Alone in his room, sitting by the open window that let the cold wind in refreshing shinkis room. Suddenly what araya had said bothered him, maybe it would be for the better if he helped him.

he let the thought go and went to sleep

______________

"shinki..... wake up"

a knock on the window and slight wind on his cheek woke shinki up. He slightly groaned as he sat up.

"Araya? What are you doing here? You know father will get mad if I stay up all night?!"

He whispered, knowing that gaara was sleeping right behind his wall

"U-uh I just got lonely"

Araya shivers Making shinki sight.

"Come in, youll freeze to death"

"Is it really o-okay?"

Shinki gave araya a glare not minding to move from his bed. Araya nodded and got in from the window.

"How has kazekage been... after what happened it must have been hard on him"

"Hes pissed, he tries not to show it. He thinks im that oblivious"

Shinki tchs, as much as he respects and even loves his father, he cant help but to get annoyed by gaara thinking that he didn't realize what was going on.

Araya sits by shinki.

"It could be a parent thing... you know trying to 'protect' you"

"He knows I can handle things like these, sometimes.. he just"

Araya bothers shinki with a laugh.

"You sound like boruto"

"shush dont compare me to that failed abortion"

Deadly silence filled the room as neither of them had anything to say.

"What was the mission about?"

Shinki suddenly ask trying not to show that hes interested in doing it with araya.

"Huh? Well its nothing much.. ill ask yodo tomorrow as you said"

"Ill do it with you"

"Really?!"

Shinki glanced away from araya embarrassed.

"Just this time"