1.5

An unbearable silence drifted over the group as Fundy turned around to kiss Dream on the cheek, grin on his face which now infuriated George in a way he couldn't describe. His heart beat in his chest and the sounds of music and dancing people around him was drowned out by the slight ringing in his ears. He felt a numbing pulse through his limbs as his brain processed what was happening before him, suddenly feeling as though everything he wanted to tell his best friend was now slipping from his mind, completely forgetting the objective he had set for himself.

Niki placed a hand on his shoulder from behind him, bringing him down to earth just enough to finally speak what was on his mind.

"Why?"

Okay, maybe a tiny fraction of what was on his mind.

The awkward silence only continued, this time Fundy picked up on it. His face fell and brows furrowed as he looked around confused, trying to get some sort of answer as to why the environment grew so cryptic so quickly. All the time, George differentiated from staring at the red-head and Dream, chewing the inside of his cheek until it felt near to bleeding.

He's so pretty.

He thought as he looked at Fundy, finding himself becoming envious over his looks.

Perfect skin, perfect smile, perfect hair - perfect everything.

It was almost unsettling how much George caught himself comparing his own features to the boy, degrading himself in a way which made him want to curl up and cry - he almost did before a hand on his shoulder tightened. It was Niki again, and George tried to calm down. He breathed deeply and slowly, threading through his worries and doubts to try and untangle and ignore them - except, it didn't work.

The longer George waited for a reply from Dream, the more George began to feel insecure about himself.

"Why what?" The blonde responded, voice cold with a hint of something that the brunette couldn't pin point, but it managed to cut him deep. The tone he used made him freeze and he felt his chest tighten even more than before.

The sickness he had felt for months before this felt like it was coming back, George becoming all too aware of how sensitive his skin felt, how light-headed he was and how sore his nose had become.

"Why did you ignore me, Dream?" He practically breathed out, words slurring together as his eyes drooped. His vision had become blurry, and he hadn't even noticed when a tear started to spill from his blue eye.

Dream only stared at him, a shocked Fundy in front of him, confused about the whole situation. The blonde scowled, raising a brow at his former friend in distaste.

"No! None of that bullshit!" he half-yelled, making George jump and Niki take her hand off the shorter boys shoulder in retaliation. Dream would feel guilty before, but right now, he didn't. He felt a hatred towards the elder recently, and he had Fundy to thank for that.

All the nights he would talk about George to his boyfriend, the red-head would listen and acknowledge him, and opened his eyes to how toxic their friendship was. On the surface, the relationship that Dream and George had may have been innocent, but Fundy let him know:

---

"George barely talks or opens up to you, does he?" Fundy told him, a truthful and believable tone running through his voice.