Chapter Three

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Josh's POV - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I woke up and looked beside me. God, she was beautiful. 

It was 10:09. I guess with all the stuff that happened yesterday, I forgot to set my alarm. Oh well. School sucks anyways.

I stood up to go to the restroom, and as I got up, Maya shifted. The blanket came off and her skirt had gone up revealing all of her cuts and scars. There was a alot. There were cuts on tops of cuts on top of cuts. It killed me looking at such a sweet face, yet having all these cuts on her. 

My thought was interupted when I heard her phne ringing from her bag. I ran to get it before she woke up. It was her dad. She has 24 missed calls from him.  'Damn, how did we not hear it' I thought to myself. I turned the ringer down and slid the phone back into the bag, when I felt something sharp hit my skin. A blade. 'She packed a blade?! To my house?' I thought. We needed to talk.

About 30 minutes later she woke up and came down stairs. I had breakfast made. Eggs, bacon, and toast.

''You made me breakfast?'', Maya said

''Nope. It's all for me''

''Dick''

''Maya, i'm kidding of course it's for you''

We started eating but the fact she brought a blade to my house was killing me. I had to bring it up.

''Hey uh, Maya, can I ask you something?''

''Sure. What?''

''Well your phone was ringing earlier, and I went to turn it off, and in your bag I uh.. saw a blade.''

She stopped chewing and looked at me. She looked ashamed.

''I- I'm sorry. I didn't know if i'd need it or not. I just-" I cut her off

''It's okay. But i'm getting rid of it''

''What? No. I need it:"

''Need it? don't you see? You're mutilating yourself. You can get help.''

''I don't care. And I don't want help. I already get enough shit at school. What will people think if they find out? You said you wouldn't tell''

''I change my mind''

''What the fuck?!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Maya's POV - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I ran up to his room and threw myself on the bed. Why is he being such a dick head? He said he wouldn't tell. He can't tell. My dad would laugh and make it worse. Everyone at school would say terrorize me. 

I had all of a million thoughts racing in my mind. I was getting overwhelmed. My heart was beating super fast. 

I stopped for a second and looked over at My bag. I have a blade in there. I locked the door and went to my bag. I held the blade in my hands and just looked at it. There was dried up blood on it.. 

I wasn't even thinking as I pulled down my sleeve. I put the cold metal against my skin. I ached for the relief it gave me. I wanted it so badly. I gently pushed down and dragged it across my arm. 

I realized what I had done. I had cut my arm, not my thigh.

Everyone will see. My dad will see. Josh will see. 

I was crying now. The overwhelmed crying. I was freaking out. I hadn't even reliazed I had cut 3 more times. 

I heard banging on the door and ignored it as I cried loudly.

''MAYA? MAYA WHAT'S GOING ON LET ME IN?!''

His words sounded like another language to me.

BAM!!!!

The door comes breaking down.

  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Josh's POV  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I heard crying and ran upstars as fast as I could. The door was locked.

I was scared. She wasn't hurting herself was she? Because of me?

I had all of these thoughts rush to my mind and I got up the strength to break the door open.

I walk in and see Maya crying sitting in a little puddle of blood on the floor. She had cut.

I ran to her and grabbed her.

''Maya what are you doing?!?! Hold on let me get a towel!''

I ran into the bathroom real quick and got a towel. I wrapped it around her arm but she kept fighting me.

She was crying very hard and I was trying to calm her down.

''Maya, Maya it's okay! Maya!'', It didn't look like she was understanding anything I said.

I didn't know what else to do besides wrap my arms around her. We stayed there. For 30 minutes.

She finally calmed down and the bleeding stopped.

We didn't speak to each other. I cleaned her up in silence. I tucked her into bed and kissed her forehead goodnight. I stayed in the living room watching tv and thinking all night.

How could she do this? What if I hadn't found her and she bled to death? What if she killed herself? What if she di- ''Josh..'' Maya appeared.

It was 11 pm. 

I patted my hand down on the empty space on the couch next to me inviting her in. 

''Thank you.'' She looked at me with her gorgeous green eyes.

''If you hadn't come in I might be dea- ''but you're not. And that's all that matters''

She smiled and looked down at her arm. She looked at the cuts disgusted.

I gently grabbed her arm and looked at them. I looked up into her eyes. ''I still think you're beautiful''

Before I could even blink my lips had just gotten off of hers. It wasn't like the other kisses i've had before. Not nasty or breath that reeked of alcohol. It felt different. I was happy. nd by the smile on her lips I could tell she was too. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Maya's POV - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

''I still think you're beautiful" His words sunk into me like sand and water.

He looked at me with his blue grey eyes and I was gone. I felt his lips crash against mine. It felt like heaven. We looked at each other and smiled. He layed down and I cuddled down next to him.

Right now, in this moment, I feel okay. I'm actually happy.

He makes me happy.