{ 7. Ʊ }

Written: 7/25/21 - 11/15/21

   Bit of background: Cam is on her bed in the room she shared with her two friends, and let her step-sister Ray sleep in. When she says "Let", she means it, because her step-sister shared a room with her step-brother while Cam shared a room with her friends Hannah and Maddie. Hannah and Maddie were family friends that stayed with Cam and Ray's family for school. Maddie and Ray are closest to each other while Cam and Hannah are close as well. Ray and Maddie are 15 while Cam and Hannah are 17, almost 18.

   "Anyway, this is me and Maddie's part of the room, Hannah and Cam sleep over there." A voice pulled Cam out of the fog of concentration she was in. She looked up from her laptop to see Ray, Maddie, and a new face enter the room. As the three girls made their way to Maddie's side of the room, Cam made eye contact with Ray for a split second. Ray just rolled her eyes and turned to her friend, who seemed slightly put off by her friend's attitude.

"Are you excited for the sleepover part more or the party part?" Ray's friend asked. Ray thought for a second before answering.

"I think the sleepover part. Oh, Maddie, should we sleep in here instead? I think that would be super fun!" Cam's head shot up at that. The idea of 10 girls that she didn't know at all in the same room as her for the next 10-15 hours did not sit well with her. Not only that, they were loud, and Cam had friends coming over for a little before they went out for the night. So, either way, it was not ideal.

"Ray, I don't think that's a good idea. You guys are kinda loud, and I have friends coming over for a bit before we go out later." Cam voices as she grabs her phone, heading to her texts so she could tell Hannah what was happening. Ray just scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"We're not that loud, and you and your friends can hang out somewhere else, the house is huge." Cam stopped typing mid sentence and just looked at her step-sister.

'Did I just hear that right? Did she just ask me to go somewhere other than MY room because she wanted to sleep in here?'

"Um, I'm sorry, but I don't want a bunch of girls that I don't know and that will be loud, and don't say you guys won't be loud, I have audio recordings of you on the phone with them where I can hear you from your room, in my room. Plus, you guys planned to sleep in the theater room since the couches are pullouts. Plus, you know I'm still a bit iffy with loud noises." Ray just let out a scoff, flipping her flat ironed hair over her shoulder.

"I think that's your problem,' she muttered. Cam just stared at her step-sister in pure shock. Maddie and Cam locked eyes, and Maddie's eyes were just as wide. A few seconds of silence pass before Maddie begins to speak again, redirecting the conversation. Ray's friend looks at Cam, sending her an apologetic look. Cam just smiles and shakes her head, dismissing it. Internally though, she was panicking, her heart racing. So, she does what she always does and heads straight to her group chat with all her friends.

|——————————————————————|
It's Not Illegal If You Don't Get Caught
🗝Loki🗝 - Luke
🕯Candle🕯 - Carson
🃏Joker🃏 - J
♠️SPADEEE♠️ - Spencer
🧸Care Bear🧸 - Cam

🧸Care Bear🧸
guys i'm so closb to just kickinf
ray out of tje room

🗝Loki🗝
what did she do

🕯Candle🕯
do i need to drive to your house
and beat her ass?

♠️SPADEEE♠️
Do we need to come over early?
I can grab Carson and Luke and
we can kick her out.