twelve.

Renjun raised a brow curiously at you when he saw that you walked through the café with a boy who looked nothing like the one who came to find you the other day. Standing behind the counter, he watched as you two found an empty table and sat down. In the midst of his debate over whether he wanted to head over and serve you both, another worker has already worked their way over and begun striking up a casual conversation.

Squinting his eyes, he continued to stare at you both, particularly the black-haired boy that sat across from you.

Small but friendly eyes, wide and genuine smile, and, from what Renjun could see from a fleeting moment as you two walked in just then, blessed with not only height but also a good body proportion—this boy was just as good as the last one he saw. Since that one wasn't Jeno and he knew you not to be the most friendly person (although he was starting to doubt that), this boy must be the one and only friend you talked about before.

Tapping his finger against the top of the cashier screen, accidentally ignoring the customer that stood before him and was waiting to order, he sucked in a suspicious breath and lightly quirked his head to the side. How did you manage to involve not one but two gorgeous men in your life? You wouldn't be the type to put effort into those things, for sure! Maybe that was the kind of quality college boys go for these days? Should he act nonchalant, too?

"Huang Renjun."

"Ah! Yes, sorry–oh." Renjun calmed down immediately after seeing that the waiting customer had been you all along. "Hey, [Name]."

You ignored the way his voice fell flat, signifying your insignificance as a customer simply because you worked here and he knew you. Putting down a stack of posters for the café on the edge of the counter, you pushed it forward to him carefully with a piece of paper snuck between the surface and your palm. Renjun took a quick look downward, widened his eyes in recognition, and he received the posters with confusion.

The manager asked him to come up with some poster ideas for the Dream Café to put up around town recently. Renjun thought it was an unnecessary idea since the café was doing well even without the extra promotion anyway. It was located right at a one-way street down to the metro station, which was a largely used transpiration. Students and workers, at any time of day, if they wanted to go to work or head home would have to pass by the café. It was also very close to several high schools and universities.

Lunchtime was always buzzing with customers.

But he took the responsibility anyway because he has trouble saying no to authoritative figures, and he was desperate to be the best employee there was for this café. He may have off-handedly ranted about it to you before since he wasn't having any idea with the designing, neither did he have the extra time with school and other part-time jobs swarming his daily schedule.

He had been beyond grateful that you offered to help him, but he did not anticipate you would finish the whole job for him! He never heard any news about it from you and here you were, handing him the finished products already?

"I managed to ask someone in my class to help me with creating the posters. They study design so I trust their ability, but if you want to look over it, you absolutely can as well," you said monotonously as you stared at him. "I also took the liberty of editing their original draft and emailing it to the manager for you. He approved of the design already so even if you have any complaints, there is nothing you can do to change it."

When you saw the way Renjun's brows twitched, you added, "Don't worry. I told the manager you didn't have time to email him so I did it for you instead. I credited the design to you, after asking for my acquaintance's approval of course, and these printed posters I made from school would also be your credit if boss ever asks, so don't worry about it."