fourteen.

Donghyuck wasn't sure what you had prepared for him, but he figured he would like it anyway.

This was in no way him being blinded by his affection and deciding that anything you were to present to him would always be great! He would like to think he would still be capable of grounding his own mind and having genuine opinions about subjects regardless of whether he has fallen, or was falling, in love or not. This was not about him liking everything and absolutely everything about you!

It was just that one could never go too wrong with a café, let alone one that was well-liked by a lot of people. What inedible food could you possibly bring him? A roll cake of a cream filling flavor not to his liking? Impossible. A cup of double-shot Americanos with six extra shots and no water? If Jaemin could religiously handle a drink like this, so could he. Not a problem. He would swallow anything and everything if you were the one who served it to him.

Again, this was in no way about him being blinded by his affection for you. He just knew a dainty, cute café could never go wrong with food and drinks.

"Sorry for the wait," you said when you sat down on the chair across from Donghyuck. You set the tray of food down, carefully dropping your phone on the corner of the table as well, and you added, "The orders added were more complicated than I anticipated, and I figured you could wait a while so I made everyone else's first before I made yours."

"Not a problem! I have never craved a slice of chocolate crêpe cake this much in my life, I'll tell you that–oh, wait, you didn't actually make the cake, did you?" He cut himself off mid-sentence, his hand pausing just before he was about to pick up the fork.

You shook your head, a hint of disbelieving incredulity showing through your widened and innocent eyes. "No, I didn't. The cakes are always pre-made, we just cut them. We only make food that isn't good to refrigerate for a long time, like pancakes and waffles."

"Then why didn't you make me pancakes and waffles?" He exclaimed with such genuine disbelief, he even went as far as to drop the fork just so he could slam it back down on the table.

"For multiple reasons. One, I thought a slice of chocolate crêpe cake would be a fine snack as it is one of the most ordered items amongst everything we have on the display shelf. Two, I am not aware that you like pancakes and waffles, you did not think to tell me nor did I think to ask, so we are both somewhat at fault here. Three, I have never encountered anyone who does not like chocolate, so under a lack of knowledge of what you do or do not like to eat, I opted for a safe option. Four, I made you some herbal tea that, from my knowledge, is good for sleeping, and I figured..."

He did not cut you off. Donghyuck did not cut you off. He normally would, though, bear no wrongful mind. He would cut anybody off if he ever felt like it, even you, but only under specific circumstances and no longer in situations as such, situations where you were going off a tangent that intriguingly did not feel like mindless rambles. He did not cut you off, nor did he have it in his mind or heart to even think about stopping you from talking.

With a whole chest filled with nothing but desire to hear you speak, he placed his chin on the heel of one palm, propped his elbow on the table, sunk his height onto his seat, and he listened with a smile so faint but obvious that you felt weird looking at him. He wanted to hear what you have to say, he was interested in what you have to say about bringing him chocolate cake instead of pancakes and waffles, which he has no real preference over.

"Are you sure you're doing well, Donghyuck?" You asked with a tilt of your head, flashing him a confused, mildly concerned look.

He grinned, a silly and low giggle rumbling out of him. The way his hair bounced almost made it seem like he kicked his feet childishly under the table. "Yeah! Keep going!"