eight.

You bolted for the entrance of the police station as soon as you got out of the car. Donghyuck was shocked to see you act so abrasively—at least not as elegantly as you have in the past—for the first time, and he was compelled to move with efficiency as well, getting out of the driver's seat and locking the doors shut on his way to catch up with you.

You could feel the sweat gather beneath your clothes, your anxiety riddled in your chest as you looked around the station lobby. People roamed by you, most of them middle-aged men dressed in casual attire instead of the blue uniform, and none of them seemed to have time for you as they waltzed past with papers and coffee cups in their hands.

"Okay, okay, where to first...where to?" You asked yourself quietly, your head shifting to look side to side as your concerned eyes darted everywhere for a friendly face you could settle down to as for help.

You couldn't even bring yourself to realize that you weren't acting like yourself. The calm and collected you have flown themselves out the window after knowing that your father has been arrested and taken to the police station.

This wasn't the first time he has caused a scene in public, except all the other times, it had been fed-up yet sympathetic neighbors who put him in his place. This was the first time he has been arrested, and you genuinely had no idea what to do.

Would you have to pay a fine? If so then could you afford the fine? Would they be put in jail, given that he crossed the line this time? The thoughts made you shiver.

"Hey, you okay?"

You didn't even notice it but Donghyuck had come up from behind you. He looked around, accessing the inside of a police station with fascination. He has never been in one before.

His parents have sheltered him so severely when he was younger that he never had a reason to get into trouble, whether the problem was caused voluntarily or involuntarily. And now that he was older, although very capable of causing much worse trouble than his younger self could, he had the incentive not to go too far in case his parents would cut his allowance or confiscate any of his resources

Now that he finally got a chance to take a look, he realized it wasn't much to look at. It was as plain and dull as a police station could get without any criminals present for his entertainment.

"Yeah, I just–I need to find–find someone to ask," you stuttered out, not looking at him. "My dad got arrested and they told me to come to get him, but I don't know where I am supposed to go."

Well, it seemed like this was your first time in a police station too.

Looking away from your agitated face, Donghyuck took it upon himself to search the lobby and find someone who he could stop for a consultation. He has never seen you this anxious before, and he wasn't sure if he liked to see you under so much stress, given it was under the circumstance where making a witty remark would be off-limits for him, and it was caused by an external factor that wasn't him.

Taking a look at your face once again, the intelligent gleam in your eyes long gone, he pursed his lips. No, he definitely does not like to see you uncomfortable at all.

His sharp eyes glanced scanned the place, disregarding the grim expressions on each man's face and only hoping to find a target he could advance toward, and he finally set his eyes on a shorter officer walking out of what seemed to be a cubicle office room, stacks of paperwork in his calloused hands and a distorted expression on his face.

"Come with me," Donghyuck said with a faint beckon of his hand, his feet already bringing him forward so he could stop abruptly before the police.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, kid?"