~Heartless: Part One~ (EDITED)

~This oneshot was requested by @MidnightFury07

Thank you so much for requesting such a detailed plot, I am so excited for you to read this, and I hope that this is close to what you imagined!

The above image was drawn by MidnightFury07  herself! She did an amazing job depicting Airen, it looks exactly how I portrayed her!

( No context needed)

Word count: 4340

(Edited)

^^^Here's a little ambience to accompany you while reading, because why not :)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Vibrant rays of golden sun flicker soft caresses of light across varicolored rooftops of the many buildings clustered on the Edge. Silken clouds pass flowingly in the breeze, their figures casting shadows on the emerald grass and wooden planks below. Birdsong is drowned out by the lively roars of dragons, and everything is at peace. As it always should be.

The sky has been clear of any rain for weeks, and you're rather enjoying the blue serenity of the clear atmosphere. The fresh air fills your lungs and the breeze stays a steady temperature, not too cold and not too warm, allowing you to go about your daily life comfortably. Well... as comfortably as you can anyways. It's a tad more difficult with a racing heart and sweat beading on the your forehead.

What's caused this sudden rush of anxiety you ask?

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact you have finally mustered what little courage you have when it comes to your emotions and... feelings- to finally ask your crush of two years out on a date.

It can't be that hard right?

Gulping down whatever saliva you can to tame the sandpapery dryness tickling at your throat, you summon your easy going confidence and put on your best smile. Show time.

"Hey Hiccup, you up for a walk?" You chirp as you tread into his workshop with your Night Fury Eclipse glued to your side.

Toothless warbles happily as he notices you approach and gives you a quick slimy swipe of his tongue before he tackles Eclipse, creating a black blur of what you like to call a Night Fury tumbleweed.

You groan in disgust as you bring your slim fingers to your slimy complexion, the feeling of it reminding you of the time Ruffnut made you try her "mud mask" that ended up being boar feces. Ugh.

Hearing a low snicker, you meet Hiccups handsome green eyes with a dull glare, and try your best to hold it. Curse him for having such pretty eyes...

"Looks like he gotcha' good." Hiccup says smugly as he grabs a rag from one of the tables in his workshop, tossing it between his hands.