~Toothless Lost ~

~This oneshot was requested by @qazsedc2004

Thank you so much requesting, I hope you enjoy it!

{Before you read- here is a little context: you and Hiccup have been dating for 2 years, you moved in with Hiccup only a couple months ago. You do not have a dragon and are fairly inexperienced with flying them.}

Word count: 2347 

(Unedited)

[art creds go to me ;)]

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Hiccup- I'm so, so sorry..." You cry as you watch him pace around the room, his frustrated gaze fixated upon the floor.

"This wouldn't have happened if you just listened to me Y/N! You are inexperienced, and you barely know how to fly a dragon, let alone a Night Fury!" Hiccup shouts, his face flushed red due to his intense rage.

You step back a bit and hold your breath, shocked at his anger. Although, you had expected a somewhat similar reaction to your confession- you just never imagined it to be like this.

"Hiccup- I was just trying to help out. You have been so busy and I thought for once I would take Toothless out for you... I didn't think it would go the way it did." You say in an attempt to explain, as you hold your E/C gaze with him, searching his deep green orbs for any sign of forgiveness.

"I'm going to go look for Toothless." He mumbles as he slips on his scaled gloves.

"Let me help, please. It's the least I can do." You beg as you quickly follow him to the door.

Hiccup abruptly spins around, stopping you in your tracks as he holds a shaky palm to your torso.

"I think you have 'helped' enough for today." He utters bitterly before throwing the front door of his home wide open, the sudden impulse making the door hit the wall with a loud thud.

For a moment you stand baffled in the middle of the doorway, once again shocked at his acrimonious demeanor. You watch his armored form stomp down the trail to the village as tears seep out of your tired eyes, feeling as though you should just give up.

But for the sake of your heart, you shake yourself out of it, and hurriedly chase after him.

"Hiccup- please. Let me help you!" You plead, your hand grasping his once you catch up.

He stops walking and shakes his hand out of yours and whips around to face you.

"Y/N, STOP!" He shouts angrily, making you flinch.

"Just- stop." He begs, his voice breaking.

You bring your hand down to your side as you stand silently before him, trying your best not to burst into tears after his harsh outburst.

Hiccup sighs at your reaction, trying to calm himself. "My best friend is somewhere out in the Archipelago, all by himself, surrounded by dragon trappers that would give anything to kill him." 

He pauses.

"The last thing I want is for you to help me. I just want you to leave me alone." Hiccup croaks, before he solemnly heads out to find the gang.

And just like that-

you are alone.