~Heartless: Part Two (EDITED)~

Part 2 of the oneshot request created by @MidnightFury07

WORD COUNT: 6,011

Part 2 has now been edited, adding new scenes, new lines, and touch ups to my previous work. Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Your shoulders drop at the sight of the Clubhouse door, a sigh tumbling from your lips in a cloud of steam to join the crisp afternoon air. You promised Hiccup only yesterday that you would give Airen a chance, yet its proving to be a very difficult feat. You know he is just trying to show her the classic Hiccup kindness, but still, answers to some of your questions would be nice. Especially after such a dramatic first impression. Something about her entire story just seems- off. You know for certain that if she is telling the truth, its going to take a lot for her to earn your trust.

With one more heavy sigh, and some of your leftover soup from the night before in hand, you take cautious steps forward as to not spill its contents and open the door with the flat of your back. Once inside, you place the soup on the surface of the bench where you had sat only yesterday. Looking at it seems to trigger the memory of what had occurred with Hiccup, and it brings a hot blush to your cheeks. You even subconsciously bring your fingers to your lips, grazing them ever so slightly in memory of the soft tingle of his breath against your mouth. You quickly have to shake the feeling away.

Straightening your clothes and clearing your throat, you cross your arms and look at the lump on the bed. You are shocked that Airen didn't wake up when you entered the room- you surmise that she must be a heavy sleeper. You clear your throat, urging her to wake up with the sound. The blankets stir and then settle, and you huff to yourself frustratingly, clearing your throat again but this time louder than before.

She tosses the blankets off of her in a sudden whoosh of red before sitting up and rubs her eyes, but abruptly stops when she notices your presence in the room. 

"Uh- hi?" She says, her voice rising a pitch while she lowers her hand.

You turn around, grasping the soup with two hands. You push it in her direction once you're facing her.

"I brought you soup. It's just leftovers, but it's something." You say as she takes it with her free hand.

She chuckles, taking a sip from the brim. You quirk a brow, off-put by her laughter.

"Something funny?" You ask sternly, crossing your arms once again.

She wipes the soup leaking from the corner of her upturned mouth. Still chuckling.

You try to fight the irritation overtaking your body but you can't hide the way your eye twitches. This girl is really getting on your nerves and you've only been here for 5 minutes.

"It's just- " she laughs again. "It's sweet."

You step back. Sweet?

"I can tell you don't like me, I could tell yesterday- but don't worry, I get it." She drinks some more soup, more like chugs it, and then sets the bowl down, wiping her face across her sleeve.

"It's frustrating when someone new comes along, throwing wrenches in your plans and changing things." She shuffles through the blankets and swings her legs around out toward the end of the bed, pausing mid-sentence to stretch her good arm above her head. "But I promise you, I'm no threat to your life or your- relationship?"

You scoff. "Me and Hiccup aren't in a relationship. We are just friends."

"Friends that almost kissed yesterday?"