Chapter 11

briefly edited
excuse mistakes

outfit is above^ (it's very important)

"Ok let's not jump to conclusions. Let's calm down and think. Olivia when was the last time you saw or heard from Jaaliyah" Laura said trying to calm things down but she was scared out of her mind.

"I haven't seen her since she left yesterday after we saw her leave with a backpack. I've texted her but she hasn't responded." Olivia said with fear in her voice

"Okay uhm Spencer when was the last time you saw her?" Laura asked turning to Spencer.

"She almost fainted and her boyfriend was there. His name is Shawn. Hold up let me call him right quick." Spencer took out his phone and called Shawn. He put the phone on speaker so everyone else could hear.

"What do you want Beverly?" shawn spoke into the phone already irritated

"Look Shawn now ain't the time. Jaaliyah could possibly be missing. When was the last time you were with her?"

"I haven't seen her since I dropped her off at her brothers house. I texted her but she ain't respond." he told spencer

"Damn it. We all have been texting her all day and she hasn't responded. Text her brother and stay on the phone with me then tell me what he said." spencer looked at the family

"No need to, Spence. He's right beside me. He said the last time he saw her was over 3 hours ago." shawn sighed as Tyrone scrunched up his face. It wasn't normal for Jaaliyah to disappear like this.

"Damn! Ight thanks Shawn. I'll let you know if we find her."

Spencer hung up then looked at the family. They all noticed Jordan hadn't said anything and was nervous. He looked as if he wanted to say something but didn't.

"Jordan if you know something say it" Billy said crossing his arms. Jordan sighed.

"The night she "passed out", it actually just wasn't a pass out. She died dad...but they forced her to come back." Jordan said with tears in his eyes. Jordan himself didn't understand the situation but he knew it was possible to be resurrected. 

"Who are 'they?'" Laura asked. Spencer, Jordan, and Olivia looked at each other knowing the answer.

"Her mom." Spencer, Olivia, and Jordan said at the same time.

"This ain't the first time this has happened." Spencer said and looked down

"I'm not understanding." Billy said

"Her moms death anniversary is next week. Her mom was killed in front of her eyes" The teens said in sync.

"That's why she keeps herself busy with school activities. She can't handle the pain. She's a recovering addict so she can't drown (A/N: no pun intended 😜) her pain that way."  Olivia stated

"She controls it by meeting them. Which means she's purposely trying to kill herself. She knows they won't let her die so that's how she controls it." Laura sighed. As she sighed Jaaliyah opened the door and skipped to the table.

" Hello family!" She kissed Laura on the cheek causing the family to be confused and surprised

"Well if Spencer's eating that means we're staying! Thank you. I'm gonna go change." she said while smiling then ran upstairs.