Chapter 35: Dodging Hogwarts, Part 3

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the people or places that belong to the wonderful world of Harry Potter, as they belong to J.K. Rowling. The OCs (Katherine, Septimus, Serenity, Helena, Christoph, Elisa, Henry, Nick and any name you don't recognize and isn't from the HP universe) are entirely my own.

---------------------------------------

Two women stood before Septimus; one with kind eyes, a thin mouth and long chestnut colored hair. The other with dark stern eyes and a shallow, pointed face; but it was the eyes that unnerved him the most, because they were his and his father's eyes looking back at him.

"I must say he does look quite like Severus at that age," the black eyed woman stated, as she floated towards Septimus. "Except he's not as gangly as his father was."

"Quite right," the other woman exclaimed, as she, too, drifted forward. "He may have Severus' height, but he has Katherine's athletic built."

"Who...who are you?" Septimus said, all but in a whisper.

"You don't know who we are?" the kind eyed woman asked, frowning slightly at the question.

"Of course he wouldn't, Athena" the other stated. "Do you really think that they would have told him about us? We left them to fend for themselves at a young age! Do you really think that they don't hate us for it!?"

"They still had their fathers, Eileen," the first argued back.

"Oh right, forgive me," the second sneered. "Their fathers. Oh yes...one of them that would beat his own flesh and blood daily, and another who wouldn't even look at theirs..."

"Now Eileen..."

"LADIES!" another voice came booming over them, silencing the two women. Septimus whipped back around; he could feel his head spinning in all directions as he tried to figure out what was going on. Behind him stood another floating, see-through person, but this one he had seen before. "Now is not the time for arguments. As I believe Mr. Prince has many questions."

"Professor Dumbledore," Septimus whispered, as the aged wizard floated toward him.

"I see you recognize me, easily enough," Albus Dumbledore smiled.

"I saw you in my parents' memories," Septimus said, before turning back towards the witches. "Athena? Eileen? You're my grandmothers, aren't you?"

"Yes, we are," Athena said with a small smile. "Didn't Katherine and Severus ever tell you about us?"

"Mom and dad rarely talk about their pasts," Septimus shrugged lightly. "I've only saw bits of their childhood in the pensive last summer."

"So you do not know anything about your heritage?" Eileen asked frowning heavily as Septimus shook his head.

"The only things I know are...are your names and those of mom's aunt, Minerva, and uncle, Albus," Septimus said. "But that's all."

"Then you should ask them to show you the Dumbledore and Prince Family Trees," Eileen scoffed. "I'm sure they are in that expansive library of theirs somewhere."

"But for now," Athena said, cutting Eileen off with a glare. "Do you have any questions for us, love?" The three spirits went silent; contently watching the young man before them.

"I guess," Septimus said before taking a deep breath and turning towards Eileen. "I heard mom telling dad that he is not his father; she always seems to be reassuring him about that. Why?"

"Let me say one thing before I begin young man," Eileen stated, as she floated closer. "My greatest regret is ever staying with that man. Love does strange things to people, Septimus, and for some ungodly reason I still do love him."