Chapter 44: The Greatest Game Ever Played Part 3

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the people or places that belong to the wonderful world of Harry Potter, as they belong to J.K. Rowling. The OCs (Katherine, Septimus, Serenity, Helena, Christoph, Elisa, Henry, Nick and any name you don't recognize and isn't from the HP universe) are entirely my own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 44: The Greatest Game Ever Played Part 3

"PRINCE LOST HIS GRIP! PRINCE HAS LOST HIS GRIP!"

The sea of students and guests were on their feet. In the mist of the New Salem student section, Ginny Weasley and Hermione Granger were struggling to keep Helena upright, as the group watched Septimus' body freefall towards the earth.

"NO!" Horrific screams echoed throughout the pitch from the New Salem crowd. They were helpless, as time seemed to slow down, especially in the parent section. Katherine, who had been previously gripping the railing, was now clinging to Severus' Polyjuiced body.

"He's too high," Katherine breathed harshly. "He's too high Sev."

Severus slipped his wand from his sleeve, but knew it was for not. The pitch was warded against outside interference; one's spell would bounce off the wards and right back at the crowd. Mickels and Darius stood right beside them; their eyes glued on their falling student.

'PRINCE HAS LOST HIS GRIP!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

The cries of the audience had stopped many of the Quidditch players in their tracks. The Pumas Chaser, Isabella Avis, had literally dropped the Quaffle in mid throw, as she had noticed the look on Kyle Fuchs' face.

Kyle's heart was nearly leaping out of his chest, as he was his closest friend, roommate and Captain fall from his broom. He was too far from Septimus. If he was closer...

"Closer," Kyle muttered. His eyes darted around the pitch, until they landed on his Beaters Justin Burke and Mike Palmer.

"PALMER! BURKE!" Kyle shouted. As the Beaters locked eyes with Kyle, he motioned towards their plunging Captain. Without hesitation, the pair took off in Septimus' direction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Onyx eyes had locked onto the ground below him.

"Shit, this is going to hurt," Septimus thought as the wind rushed past his face. He knew this was a risky move. He had been too high. He had been going too fast for the barrel-roll.

Closing his eyes, Septimus knew that all he could do was brace himself for the impact.

Suddenly, a pair of arms surrounded him, and his fall came to a screeching halt.

"YAH!" a pair of voices cheered. "We got 'im!" Septimus' eyes flew open to see that he had been snagged out of midair by his own Beaters. Justin and Mike were beaming at each other, despite their paled faces; each had one of Septimus' arms in their own grasp.

"Come on Sept," Mike grinned, as crowd went into an uproar. "Justin, help me get him on my broom." Together, the Beaters managed to get Septimus on Mike's broom. The raven-haired boy shook slightly as he tried to calm his racing heart.

"You alright?" Justin shouted over the crowd. "Never seen you lose your grip before." But his question went unanswered. Instead, Septimus was staring intently at his right hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT A CATCH!" Redding cried over the roar of the crowd. "Well done New Salem Beaters!"