Chapter 7: Mr. Prince Goes to Town

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the people or places that belong to the wonderful world of Harry Potter, as they belong to J.K. Rowling. The OCs (Katherine, Septimus, Helena, Christoph, Elisa, Henry, Nick, Justin, Kyle, Carlos, Mike, Nurse Canter, Headmaster Mickels, Hunfrith, Olwen, Huffie, Sorsek, Bilik, Fossum, Lars and Sven) are entirely my own.

------------------------------------------------

Once Severus was sure Katherine was indeed feeling better, the two dressed quickly and began making a list of everything they would need to inquire from town. Severus was glad to hear that it was a full wizarding village, and had a large apothecary for all of his brewing supply needs.

After the list was finished, Severus and Katherine found themselves walking down the same path that she had lead him to the house the night that they had arrived. The sun hung high overhead, as it was drawing towards late morning. The air was fresh and clean; much more pleasant than the city air of London, or even Manchester for that matter. The trees, forest ferns and grass were well green, and spring flowers were sporadically placed amongst the green.

Severus and Katherine talked quietly as they strolled down the dirt path to the road outside the wards. Severus was surprised when Katherine told him that they could not apparate directly once outside of the property, and that everyone inside a radius of one mile had to use a community apparation point. Katherine explained it was a way that the local government was able to keep tabs on who was apparating into a certain area, and if they were allowed to be in that area or not.

"Of course it is mainly to make sure that the people in this area remain safe," Katherine said, as they reached the apparation point, which was nothing more than an open space on the gravel road marked by a wooden sign. "Most of the residents of this area are either relocated witches and wizards, or government employees; most of them Unspeakables."

"Then, wouldn't have it detected me, when you portkeyed us here on Saturday morning?" Severus asked.

"No," Katherine said, as she held her arm out for Severus to took. "The portkey was approved by the government and was masked by my signature, so it gave them no indication if there was more than one traveling by it."

"Ah," Severus mumbled. "Are you really sure you are up to apparating us both?" Severus asked with a raised eyebrow towards her outstretched arm.

"Well, how do you propose we get there?" Katherine asked curtly. "Fly?"

"Why not floo?"

"Because the only community floo network in town is more than likely brimming with people who are making their way home or somewhere else for early lunch," Katherine smirked. "And I know how fond you are of crowds, love."

Severus grumbled under his breath, but knew she was right. Reluctantly he took hold of Katherine's arm, and with a sharp turn and a crack, the apparation point was empty once again.

----------------------------

Katherine and Severus appeared with a loud crack on a small dirt road just outside of Amadahy. The small village appeared peaceful and serene, much like Hogsmeade was during the spring months, but without all the students.

Katherine took out her wand and enlarged the small bag she had brought to carry the groceries and other purchases. Then the two began making their way into the village streets. The town was indeed busy, and Severus watched the shoppers bustling about as Katherine lead them to the center of town.

"Where to first?" Severus muttered to Katherine, as he watched two small boys ogle over a broomstick in the Quiner's Quidditch Collection window.