Part 4: Opening up

A/n: Sorry for not posting in a while. I just haven't been motivated to write. I will try to post chapters as much as I can :) Hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

______________________________________

Y/n pov

I was already across the street from the sandlot when I heard a familiar voice yell my name... It was Benny. "Y/N!! Wait up!" Benny yelled. I stopped and turned around.

I probably looked like a mess but I was just glad to see Benny's face.

He caught up to me and asked me if I was ok. I told him I was fine and tried not to look at him because I knew that I was not fine. My eyes started to tear up. He noticed and grabbed my arm and moved us out of the middle of the road and sat down on the sidewalk. "Do you want to talk about it? It's totally fine if you don't want to" Benny said. I looked up at him and gave a little smile and started talking and ranting to him "It's just that Phillips is so protective over me and it scares me sometimes. He's been acting like this since our dad passed away a couple months ago and it's been rough on our family especially him" I started to tear up. "I'm sorry for your loss. My dad also passed away about 2 years ago. So I know what it feels like." Benny said with an empathetic look on his face. "I'm sorry" I gave him a little hug.

"And he also hates your guts. I know you guys have a little "rivalry" going on but come on it's been like 6 years and you guys still hate each other" I said. "Well I really don't care about him anymore but I still don't like him" Benny said. "He's never yelled at me like that. Well he has yelled at me but not like that. I know he meant what he said". "Well don't get down. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it, just go talk to him." Benny said. "Thanks Benny! I'm really glad we got to talk. And thank you for listening and talking to me. I really only keep to myself. So I'm surprised I opened up to you about my life" I said, giving him the biggest smile. "I'm really glad I could help. Even if it was just talking and listening to you. So can I walk you to your house?" Benny said. "Yeah" I said.

As we walked home we talked and laughed. We got to the front of my house. I hugged him and thanked him and said goodbye. Then I walked into my house and went and jumped on my bed because I was really tired.

Benny really is the best I said to myself

______________________________________

A/n: Thank you for reading this chapter. I hope y'all enjoyed it. I promise that the story will get better. Don't forget to vote and comment. I would really appreciate it! Have a nice day/night :)