CHAPTER 8

NARRATED
Futhy was woken up by a bang on the door. She got up and went to open the door. Wenzile and Alwande got in looking like hell. Her worst nightmare came to live and her heart started beating fast. She had a panic attack and Alwande rushed to her while Wenzile was frozen at the sight of her big juicy thighs.

Alwande: “Futhy just calm down and breathe. Focus on my voice. Listen to it. Breathe.” She tried listening to his voice and it worked. She calmed down and looked at him.
Futhy: “where are they?” Alwande scratched his head.

Alwande: “in the hospital. They were in involved in a terrible accident. I still don’t know how they survived because the car was beyond repairs.” She let out a heart piercing scream as she sank down the floor. Alwande went down with her. “They are going to be fine. In God’s name. Please have faith.” She nodded and wiped her tears.

Wenzile: “we are here to take you to the hospital.”
Futhy: “thank you.” She got dressed in tracksuits and takkies on top of her short pyjamas and took her phone. They went to the car. On the way to the hospital, she called her father who answered after a few rings.

Ndosi: “sthandwa sami.” She just cried at the sound of his voice. Alwande wasn’t driving so he took the phone from her hands.
Alwande: “evening Mr Cele.”
Ndosi: “who the fuck are you?”

Alwande: “Alwande Ngobese sir. I am the SRC President. Noma and Lee got into an accident a few hours ago. We are now on the way to the hospital.”
Ndosi: “FUCK!” he kept quiet for a while. “Which hospital are they in? Which condition are they in?”

Alwande: “we are not sure but we will find out when we get there. The car was beyond repairs.” Ndosi sighed.
Ndosi: “okay. Send me your number. I will call you when I get there.”
Alwande: “okay sir.” Ndosi hung up. “Your father is coming.” He told Futhy who was staring into space. She just nodded.

They arrived at the hospital. It was past visiting hours but they begged the nurses to let them in. they went to the doctor who was in charge of both Noma and Lee. They got into his office and he let them in.

Futhy: “hi. I am Ntombifuthi Cele. My sisters Nomalanga Biyela and Lindelwa Nkosi have been admitted here. Is there any progress with them?”
Doctor: “Miss Nkosi. Her condition is okay. She is stable. It’s another story with Miss Biyela.”
Futhy: “what? Is she okay?”

Doctor: “a glass cut through her womb and left immense damage. It was messy. We had to remove it because it would’ve killed her if we didn’t. Your sister won’t be able to conceive any babies. She has no womb now.” Futhy looked down and tears just fell on her lap. She wiped them and breathed out loud.

Futhy: “can I please see them? Even if it’s for a few minutes.” The doctor sighed and stood up.
Doctor: “let’s go. I will only allow you if you’re with Me.” she also stood up.

Futhy: “thank you doctor.” They headed out of the office and went first to Lee’s ward. She was lying peacefully. She had a few plasters on her face and a cast on her arm. Futhy went near her bed and held her hand. “You are going to fine tase.” She kissed her hand and headed out. They went to Noma’s ward. The state Noma was in made Futhy shake. She just couldn’t bear it. She wailed and felt her body getting loose. Luckily the doctor was behind her, so he held her and walked out with her.

Doctor: “are you going to be okay?”
Alwande: “yes she will. We will come back tomorrow when she is calm.”
Doctor: “okay. Drive safely.” The doctor went back to his office while the three went back to the car and drove back to campus.
.
.
NOMA
It was 2 weeks after the accident. I was still feeling numb and weak. When the doctor told me that I won’t be able to conceive in the future, my heart was torn into pieces. Apparently they had to remove my womb because it was damaged in the accident. How I wish I listened to Futhy and stayed at home because our stubbornness has caused me my children.

Ndosi: “nkosazana yam.” He said while entering my ward. He and mam Jabu had been here since Lee and I got admitted here. They even booked into a lodge. I looked at him and sniffed away the tears that were threatening to come out. “Sit up.” I exhaled and sat up, although it was sore, the doctor said I should practice sitting up so that I will get used to it. “You know I love you right?”

Me: “yes.”
Ndosi: “you are my child Nomalanga. I am your father. The fact that you won’t be able to give birth to them won’t mean they aren’t yours. If you want to have kids, you will adopt. You mother, sisters and I will be with you every step of the way. I love you and we will go through this together, as a family.” His words just made me tear up even more. He hugged me tight and I allowed myself to cry in his arms.

Me: “thanks baba.” I said as I wiped away my tears. “Are you going to buy us a new car?” I asked with a smile and he just laughed.
Ndosi: “not in this life time. You will have to buy one for yourselves when you are working.” I pouted.
Me: “that’s unfair.”

Ndosi: “so is my salary but I am not complaining.” I laughed and rolled my eyes. Jabu made her way in. I love this woman so much.
Jabu: “make yourself scarce.” She said to her husband dismissing him with her hand and he laughed while walking out. “I have been avoiding you because I didn’t know what to say or where to begin. Just want you to know that I love you and I am here for you if you want to talk to me about anything. Well except for sex.” I laughed.

Me: “yes mommy.” She perked my lips and hugged me.
Jabu: “you are strong and you are the future bulldozer of the law industry. People better watch the space because you are coming.” I smiled.

Me: “ow yeah.” She laughed and hugged me once again. I was grateful for the love she and Ndosi gave me because even on times like this, they were there for me and they dropped everything just to be with me and that is so… I am just speechless. I love them.
.
.
.
#MissThick
#FromThePast