CHAPTER 11

YANDISA NTULI
Being a first born can be hard but in my case it’s not very hard. Having parents who are hands-on with almost everything that happens in our lives is a blessing. You’d think them being public figures and all would mean they have less time to spend with us but in actual fact, they are always there for us when we need them.

If I were to call dad just to hand out, he would be like ‘okay son. Give me a few’, and then you’d see him coming through the door in a few minutes just so he could hang with you. They were never blessed with a daughter which is why their love for us was amplified. My mom used to say ‘I am loving you guys two times’. Meaning I am loving you as a boy and a girl.

Today is a very huge concert and Blue Diamond is introducing its new artists to the world. My father as the chairman has been very busy with the planning and preparation and mom has been supporting him. Of course we has also been doing our jobs helping with the planning but they have been doing most work because Blue Diamond is like their fourth child.

Mandisa: “babe our outfits have arrived.” I smile and stand up. I walk to her.
Me: “I can’t wait to see you in your dress tonight. I am sure you will look stunning as hell.” She blushes. I wrap my arms around her portable waist.

Mandisa: “so the artists are ready and everything is just too perfect. All we need to do is pull up at the venue. So are you going to sing for me?” I chuckle. Singing in this family is what proves that you are a real family member. I shrug.
Me: “maybe. Maybe not.” She giggles.

Mandisa: “ow hell no. you have been promising me for a long time. You owe me that much. Or else you are not going to taste this pussy. Well not in this lifetime hubby.” I laugh and let my hand travel down her stomach to her panty and I cup her pussy.

Me: “you mean my pussy?” she gasps.
Mandisa: “no. this one is mine.” She says in a whisper. I just chuckle.
Me: “we will see about that.” I step away and put my hands inside my pockets. I then walk away while whistling, leaving her in that same position.

I go to the lounge and find Sakhile doing voice exercises. He is my younger brother. He is not only a rapper but also a singer. A great one at that. I just pass him because I know he doesn’t need distractions. I walk to the kitchen and find mom with her sister there.

Me: “my second and third favourite women in the world.” They giggle.
Mamncane: “how are you son?” she comes to hug me and kisses my lips. She is a kisser. I chuckle.
Me: “I am fine young mommy. Hey dad’s love.” my mom giggles and comes to hug me.

Mom: “you are going to sing for me tonight right?” she asks wiggling her eyebrows. I laugh.
Me: “first my wife and now you. You really wanna hear me sing?”
Mom: “I love your voice more than any singer’s voice in the world.”
Dad: “is that so?” he asks coming in and goes to his wife. He hugs her and grabs her waist.

Mom: “it was a persuasion method but you blew it.” We all laugh.
Dad: “but you gotta sing son. I know you will. Ntuli men don’t back down from a challenge.” I roll my eyes and laugh.
Me: “you guys are sly. Let me go check on Sandile.” I go to the basement. That’s where all the music is created here at home. I also do sing here. I find him playing the piano. Seems like he is composing.

Sandile: “try free styling.” He continues playing. I chuckle and go stand opposite him. I lean on the piano. I listen to the melody and hum it. I then get it.

Me: “the love I have for family
It’s bigger than the universe
If it wasn’t for them,
I wouldn’t be alive.

They are the sun during the day
And the moon during the night
They inspire me
They motivate me day and night.”