St. Michael's Duet

Author: Harlow Cole

Author: Harlow Cole

Book One

Synopsis: Brayden:

I’m a goddamn prodigy. It’s true. Ask anyone.
I threw my first curveball the day I was born.

The whole damn town is waiting on me.
To live up to my father’s famous name. To reach for the stars.

All I want to reach for is her.

But Ashley is the sweet addiction I can’t afford. She’s my best friend’s sister. Hell, she’s practically my little sister. For years, I’ve protected her from guys that want one thing. What happens now that I’ve turned into one of them? Who’s gonna shield her from the way I was made, from my little white lies and from what I’m about to become?

My game plan sounds simple: Pitch my way into the Major League draft and stay out of Ashley Foster’s pants. That first part may be statistically difficult.

The second feels damn near impossible.

Ashley:
From the moment we met, I knew he was trouble.
The kind my mother sent me to find.
The type that ruins you for any other brand.

When we were young kids, I didn’t know what to call the frogs and butterflies that danced in my belly whenever Brayden came near. Now I know they have a name.

Those three little words that could heal or destroy him.

Before Brayden, my life was normal. And then it wasn’t. It couldn’t be. Ever again. How was I to know stealing his seat would change all our lives?

Anger and forgiveness share two halves of the same coin.
Our story might make you choose sides.

Book Two

Synopsis: To what lengths would you go to earn forgiveness? Would you beg? Would you borrow? Would you steal? 

Ashley

I’ve given up. On my childish dreams. 

On getting out of this town. On love. On him. 

On everything. 

I’m barely treading water. 

Brayden

I’m the man with it all. 

The pinstriped jersey covering my back garners easy cash, flashy cars and fast women. My gilded name drapes over the city in neon. I have everything. Everything, except the thing I crave most. Ashley Foster. 

There’s one addiction I never tried to beat. 

They say you can never go home again. I’m out to prove them wrong. But what if returning requires facing all the things you destroyed? To what lengths would you go to earn forgiveness? 

Would you beg? Would you borrow? Would you steal? 

Stealing home is the riskiest move in baseball. But the reward... If it works? Winning her back is a chance I’m finally ready to take. 

My pockets are filled with stars. It’s time to follow them home.

This time, I don't want to steal all her firsts, I want to lay claim on all her lasts.

Stealing Home is book two in the St. Michaels duet. Brayden and Ashley's love story begins in book one, Interference. 

Review: Both books in this duet were a roller coaster of emotion. The books were filled with drama but were entertaining nonetheless. I think along the way, I fell in love with Brayden, and at some point I could understand him.

But the books do kinda give the 'I'm not like other girls' vibe, but I'm sure you will pass through it. Other than that, this duet was quite entertaining and I couldn't put it down due to the anticipation.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
This rating is combined for both books.

Side Note: smut.