pretty

November 17th, 2010Wallstone Elementary, Haerin 10:38 am

November 17th, 2010
Wallstone Elementary, Haerin
10:38 am

"chenle, i heard your birthday is in a few days. if there's anything you want just let me know." yeona smiled, turning around in her seat so she'd face the chinese boy. he turned to her, face void of expression. "i don't really want gifts." he said simply.

"are you sure? my mum would be happy to let me get something for you." she raised her brows, sitting up at the boys words. who wouldn't want gifts for their birthday? who wouldn't want gifts in general?

"no thank you, i'm okay." he shook his head before going back to the work he was doing before. "suit yourself." yeona huffed, turning back around to open the book in front of her.

💫

11:29 am

"don't you think chenle is so pretty?" yoon byeol, one of yeonas close friends asked dreamily. they sat on the grass, their group of friends having got up to chase each other around not too far away, leaving the two to watch the boys on the basketball court.

"eh, i don't really find him attractive." yeona sighed, watching the said boy as he moved around the court. her friend looked at her as if she had just called her mum ugly, immediately grabbing yeonas shoulders.

"how do you not find him attractive!? i mean look at him!" she exclaimed, pointing dramatically at the younger boy. "i mean he's nice and all but i think he's kind of funny looking." yeona scrunched her face up, pushing byeols hands off her shoulders.

"jung yeona, you are one special girl." byeol said in awe, sitting back down correctly. "what? do you like chenle?" the brown haired girl teased, causing byeol to go just about as red as the bow that was tied in the back of her hair. "doesn't every girl in our class? i mean except for you apparently." she mumbled, picking at the grass.

"i kind of feel bad for him. he's new, i can only imagine how weird it is to get all this attention." yeona clicked her tongue, pulling a few white flowers from the grass to tie them together. "i think he likes it." byeol smiled, watching as the boy cheered after his team got a point, sharing a high five with one of the other boys.

she didn't agree. as much as chenle seemed like he was comfortable, he also seemed a bit stand off-ish. it didn't help he had people trying to become his friend left and right.

yeona had never been a new kid to a school, only ever having attended wallstone for elementary and some christian preschool down the street from her house. she figured that's why she always made an effort to become close with the new kids, she was interested in knowing what it felt like.

"maybe. he's quite popular already but i think it's because he opted to hanging out with park jisung and jung sungchan." the smaller shrugged. "i always forget sungchan is your cousin." byeol laughed, shaking her head.

"well i mean we don't really act like it so." the girl muttered, whole focus on the flower crown that had started to form. "but i mean you're right, he does hang out with the popular boys." the taller agreed.

the popular boys being, as she had said before, park jisung and sungchan. along with some of the sixth graders, like lee jeno and lee donghyuck or choi jiung who was in their grade but not their class.

"hey! you guys wanna play tag now!?" one of their friends, doyun, ran up to them, breathing heavily as he pointed at the rest of their group. "let me finish this and i'll be right there!" yeona nodded, holding up the line of flowers that was nearly finished.

"hurry up with it! we've only got so much time for lunch break!" choi beomgyu, one of the sixth graders that sometimes hung out with them, called out impatiently. "we're coming, we're coming!" byeol rolled her eyes, standing with yeona.