after school program

August 14th, 2012 Wallstone Elementary, haerin7:57 am

August 14th, 2012
Wallstone Elementary, haerin
7:57 am

yeona sighed as she clutched the straps of her backpack. she was scared and excited for the start of a new grade, let alone it being 6th grade.

this grade was the highest grade at her school so now being in sixth grade came with a lot of responsibilities. responsibilities like being a good role model for the younger kids and making sure to help around, like the grown ups expected the eldest kids to do (for some unknown reason).

"have you seen chenle this morning?" over summer, yeona had not heard one thing from chenle. she had heard things about him, like how he had somehow gotten in a relationship with kim dauen, but it ending after two weeks.

see the thing about having new kids come to your school was that you never really knew what was going to happen next.

she had seen it one too many times, new kids come and then the next year they're off to another school. at this point, it didn't exactly faze her. but chenle was kind of a different story which surprised her to say the least.

yeona was a very sincere person. when she had a crush, that was the only person she looked at until eventually she gave up once being rejected. usually her crushes only lasted a school year and dissipated over the summer.

but chenle was different. although not having contact with the boy, nor hearing much about him, she continued to think about him and how they had somewhat grown close over the year of fifth grade they spent together.

jung yeona was not one to worry about crushes over summer, so when she says she thought about this boy day and night, she meant it.

so here she was, in the line to her new sixth grade class, luckily standing behind one of her good friends; kang taehyun. "uhh i don't know, maybe he's not coming back." the brown haired boy shrugged, earning a slap on the arm from the girl.

"don't say that." she hissed. "you're all worked up over lele, say does little clove have a crush?" sungchan, who was unfortunately placed in the spot right behind his cousin, teased as he poked the back of her head.

"shut up sungchan or i'll tell auntie you made me do all your homework last year." she turned around to glare at him. he raised his hands in defense, the tall boy showing no remorse "annoying." she mumbled? turning back fromt only to realize they had already stopped in front of their class.

💫

"well at least we'll be in the program together." yeona beamed in attempt to cheer taehyun up. "yeah but it's stupid, we have to stay longer every day and for nothing!" the boy stressed.

long story short, there was an after school program ran by the school and taehyun and yeona had been accepted into it together, leading them to where they're at now.

"it's just a fun way of our parents saying "hey we don't want you until 6pm so we're leaving you at school" don't worry." the girl said half jokingly, patting the boys back. "god, not even that many sixth graders are in this program, we'll be with the little kids." he pouted as they walked along the edges of the blacktop.

"we've got each other. plus some of the younger kids are cool, we can be like beomgyu and konnie, the cool sixth graders." the girl smiled, earning a glare from the younger. "my sister wasn't cool." he mumbled.

"you say that, but konnie was wholeheartedly the coolest sixth grader."
"she didn't even have friends!"
"she didn't need them, she herself was enough."
"whatever."

"oh my gosh, hyun he's here." she gasped, stopping in her tracks to stare at something in the distance. taehyun creased his brows. "whos-" he trialed off, following her gaze to one of the basketball courts.

and there he was in all his glory, zhong chenle. he had grown just a bit taller, his hair growing just a bit longer. he definitely had a different style but not too noticeable. but still, he hung out with the same group of friends he did in fifth grade.

it was a relief to see he had stayed in wallstone, yeona didn't know how she'd feel knowing he had moved back to china with no way to contact him.

ehe