18

So the Thanis arrival in Bakin Rafi has not brought a lot of good for either Hadiza's promise to Reina or Fahad's return to Istanbul.

Fahad had confided in Hadiza that he was afraid that he loved Reina too much that he could not see her faults.

Hadiza disagreed. It's only now, when he has a second option that he is seeing it. She feels as if he is desperately wanting to please his family that his mind is asking him to forfeit Reina. Which is not fair after so many years.

"Keep your promise to Reina. And if your parents still disagreed, you can explore other options" she had said. It's uncomfortable to talk about because it's indirectly related to her. She didn't want Reina to miss any advantage. As far as. She was concerned, no two people deserve to be together more than Fahad and Reina. After ten years! They deserve something good.

Anyways, they had eaten tsire and Hadiza had liked it a lot. Though two thousand naira tsire is no joke, the two ate more than half with each a bottle of fresh milk.

Fahad had taken her to see their new house in Bakin Rafi. His highness had gifted it to them when Fahad had started to complain about the living arrangements.

"His highness wants you to live here Fahad" she states point blank.

Fahad laughs, looking around the spacious and comfortable abode. "You are right. It's as close to spelling it out as it can get" he grins.

"Would you like to live in BakinRafi?" Hadiza asks him.

Fahad caught the whimsical edge to her tone and sobered a little. "I don't know" he replies honestly. "I have always referred to Reina's ranch as my home. BakinRafi has always been the village sitting in a corner of my mind. So choosing to live here isn't quite big on my priority list" he admits.

She tries not to look disappointed.

"It's okay. It's really more like a village compared to Istanbul" she agrees.

Twirling away from him in a swish of skirts and veils, Hadiza walks around the really spacious living room where they had just ate together as if it's normal. Everyone minded their own business while they ate but it still feel intimate somehow.

The house is bigger than it looks from the outside. When you enter the front entrance, there is a spacious room where a shoe cabinet resides, a wooden stand where one can easily hang their clothing accessory. There is a standing flower pot with a colorful but mellow striped wallpaper. A staircase leads upstairs and a double door leads to the living room.

They had entered the door and had come across a very small sitting room with one set of chairs and three double doors from each wall.

One of the doors lead to the inner compound of the house where there is a vegetable garden. The other leads to the family living room where they had just eaten. The other leads to the guest living room which has an empty room.

So Hadiza looks around the living room. There is a complete set of Italian furniture which has a cadenza on the side, a console that held refractive looking decorations, dining table with ten chairs around it, tall and short cabinets, along with a large show glass.

A singular pathway leads to a set of rooms. Another door leads to the inner compound with the vegetable garden.

The house has four rooms aside from the one at the guest living room. But outside, there are three small rooms with an outside bathroom. Totalling all of that with the small room at the gate for the gateman, this makes up their entire house.

"It's bigger than I thought Ya Fahad. Do you like it?" She asks him.

"It's free Hadiza" he grins. "Of course I like it!" He affirms.