When The Sun Sets

29.

Fahad's mom, Hajiya Turai, has awoken with a beautiful smile on her face. In fact, she cannot remember the last time she felt this good! It is worthy of note that normally, she feels really good!

"I want to know what has stolen your heart this morning!" Alhaji Thani teased her.

She lets out a beatific smile. "Today is what?" She asks him so eager to share the good news.

"Err..Friday?" He asks questioningly.

"Fahad is still in Nigeria do you realize that?" She grins excitedly.

"He is. So...?" He trails off in search of the almighty answer.

"Reina left over a week ago!" She celebrates.

Alhaji Thani shakes his head. "You said it yourself. That he will still leave no matter how long. Why celebrate a short victory?" He questions.

"Because if he was able to stay away for this long without any tangible reason, I assure you it is nearing the time when he would start to realize what we are telling him" she informs.

"Hm. I don't trust your son Turai. He always finds a way to disappoint you when it comes to Reina" he cautions.

"Nuri has been asking me to give her permission so she can go to BakinRafi. This girl Alkassim found, she wants to find out who she is. You know Alkassim said he would not see her till after the marriage" she explains to him. "So there is good news I am waiting for Nuri to bring to me. Wallah if I hear good news, this Reina era is totally finished!" She avows.

Alhaji Thani merely shrugs. But that is not enough to deter her.

She doesn't trust Fahad. She knows he would break Hadiza's fragile heart. And it is in the recovery process that Reina will discover she is not as wise as she had thought.

The good part? Turai needs do nothing!

.........

Hadiza has just returned from work. She is dead tired because the new assistant needs a lot of orientation and Ramat is a lazy bum.

She feels satisfied though. Their company will be partaking in a fashion show the coming week. She has no idea how Fahad will take it. She doesn't know if his neutral idealism extends that far.

Plus somehow, he has found a way to make her cook for him for like two weeks straight. She doesn't know how to guard against his very nice font. His words are always encouraging and he has a way of praising you...

Hadiza shakes her head. The deal is, he is making her love taking care of him. These days, she is looking forward to the little things she is constantly doing for him.

In fact, Hadiza realizes that the law of  'scarcity in demand' is definitely true. Because whenever she doesn't see him, she feel weird. Like something is missing in her day. Texting, she found, isn't as satisfying as hearing him speak to her. Suddenly, her ears will ring with the rise and fall of his undulating tones. Sometimes she would just shiver, remembering something he had said to her once. Texting makes her miss him like crazy...

Hadiza quickly changes, shaking off the tiredness. She wore a very light weight summer dress with spaghetti straps. Knowing Fahad only returns later in the evening, she didn't wear tights underneath. And for once in forever, she decided to go braless for the simple fact that she wants to take a break. And since she is all alone in the house then, why not?!

She goes inside the kitchen and quickly cooked rice and stew before cutting salad and some veggies to go along with it before she went out to set the house aright.