22

When Hadiza woke up the next morning, she is all alone in her room. He was not sure how she would react to waking up in his arms so he left before she woke up. The act, though small, is very touching to her.

Suddenly, everything comes back to her, the marriage agreement, the wedding, him and Madina, last night...

Hadiza feels a wave of despair crash into her Cox she just realized that she has wasted her youth on a despicable fella.

It wasn't in her head, marriage could be different. He was lying, the feeling of connectivity exists. He was wrong, people do have time to dramatize stuff just to make you feel good. He was damn weak and he couldn't make her respond in the way she should and it's not her.

It was not her.

She could very well remember last night as if it's happening right now. She didn't waste the night feeling like she would die of he didn't make love to her. Only to evolve and feel like he shouldn't have come close to her.

She remembers his hands on her back, running soothing diagrams and taking her mind off of her immediate flare of need. He had hugged her like it matters more than the way he had touched her.

She was satisfied by his hug alone. At least she didn't feel bereft and disaparaging in her emotions.

She wasn't craving sex, she hungered for his care. She merely wanted to feel cherished...

So Hadiza gave in to the sorrow of her dramatics and cried into her hands Cox she regretted, more than ever, that she met Sameer. It would all have been different if she married someone like Fahad instead. Just thinking of the hell she went through is enough to make her weep harder.

Fahad came into the room and saw her crying as if someone died. The first thing he thought was that something has happened to Madina.

"Cheri.." he called so so softly, as of he didn't wish to startle her.

Instantly, Hadiza feels the wheels of her dramatics turn to screeching embarrassment. What will she tell him she is crying about?

She swallowed the next batch of tears and wiped her face. Slowly, she got up from the bed and looks at him strangely. Instantly, he knows she is up to something and his heart leaped in his throat afraid she is about to do something drastic.

Hadiza just walk to the bathroom and closed the door firmly behind her, running away from the question that hasn't been asked.

Fahad knocks on the door and asks "are you okay Hadiza?"

"Yes I am" she states after clearing her throat.

"Are you sure?" He questions further and she heard the fear in his tone which perplexed her a lot. Did he think she was crying because something happened? Hadiza feels heat all over her face from embarrassment.

Oh Hadiza! What will you tell him? She agonized.

Taking a deep breath, she responded with "I am fine" before washing her face at the sink. Then she walks back out and saw he is still standing in front of the bathroom looking worried.

"Caro, I am fine" she tells him, trying to hold his gaze. Satisfied, Fahad sighs. "You scared me" he tells her.

Not used to seeing a man so vulnerable, she shifts uneasily on her feet.

Fahad draws her into an unexpected hug. His chin is resting on her head and she feels so small now that she is in his arms.

Hadiza cannot seem to keep in a single thought. Except that she feels warm from the center of her head to the tips of her toes. She could feel butterflies hammering her tummy and everything feels absolutely perfect for just one moment.