Traps and Triggers

Bellamy's hand moved up to grasp Blair's face as his astounded lips finally began to respond and move in sync with her own. The kiss was rushed and unyielding, urgent with an undercurrent sense of need. Somewhere within Blair's desire-driven daze, her ability to think returned. A small trace of guilt began to grow as she allowed herself to acknowledge the fact she was kissing Bellamy Blake; the pig-headed, self-appointed leader hellbent on sabotaging any hope of the Ark and it's people of ever returning to the ground. But as Bellamy deepened the kiss and unlocked a new level of lust inside of her, Blair pushed the feeling of guilt aside. It was a feeling she would no doubt dwell upon later. Letting the guilt fastly burn in among the fire of her longing, Blair could finally let herself appreciate how right the moment felt. His lips were surprisingly soft as they brushed against the contradicting cracking texture of her own. Knotting her hands in the mop-like hair at the base of his neck, she clung to him as if he were her personal life-line. Even the unforeseen deprivation of air to her lungs wasn't enough to spoil what Blair believed to be a perfect moment. Clarke's voice on the other hand was, and it was Blair who grudgingly pried the pairs mouths apart as she called for them all to come quickly. Letting her arms sag down heavily until her hands rested against Bellamy's rapidly rising and falling chest --his jagged breathing struggling to find its usual pace-- Blair kept her eyes cast down as she breathlessly spoke. "I'm glad to hear it."

Luckily for Blair, the indication of Jasper's presence which Clarke and Finn had found near the edge of a waterfall left her little time to talk or think

Luckily for Blair, the indication of Jasper's presence which Clarke and Finn had found near the edge of a waterfall left her little time to talk or think. The group moved as one following behind Finn, entrusting him with the task of tracking Jasper and the Grounders route. Blair kept a good distance between herself and Bellamy, choosing it best she walked with Clarke instead. There was a certain atmosphere looming in the air which she couldn't quite define. Idly she wondered whether Bellamy could sense it too. Things had changed between them now and Blair no longer knew how to react around him. Her feelings towards him had grown in such a short amount of time. Before coming to earth she knew nothing of him, and now she felt she knew him better than most. Clarke and Wells saw him as the puppeteer pulling all the strings, but Blair knew there was more to his explanation then he was letting on. She knew he had a tendency to hide things, she had called him up on being ominous once before. In her heart she knew he wasn't a bad guy, but his blatant disregard for her father's life made it hard at times for Blair to see. Until she understood and he accepted her unwillingness to conform, she knew their kiss would lead to nothing more. Absentmindedly, she glanced down at her wrist and sighed.

"How do we know this is the right way?" the blood-boiling voice of Murphy asked, startling Blair from her thoughts. So much for little time to think.

"We don't," Bellamy replied over the collective sound of their boots crunching against the stones which formed the dried-up riverbed. Bravely, Blair risked a glance in his direction, his large brown-eyes instantly meeting her blues. Both captivating and endearing, she found it impossible to look away. "Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker."