A pressing Need

As Aron swayed me around, Dimple gave me a wink and I wanted to wink or even smile back, but I could not. Dancing with a rich handsome guy should have made me feel alive or thrilled. But I felt nothing. Have I forgotten how to have fun? I closed my eyes and sighed.

I could feel Aron's hand on my back and I felt nothing. I looked up at him and he smiled and gave me a wink. I tried a tentative smile, how the hell could I not feel anything?

"I think I'll take it from here" Nick's voice came from behind. This was his business voice, all serious and controlling. Aron, a handsome and sweet guy kind of paled and nodded with an awkward smile.

In a blink of an eye I was in Nick's arms, close, so close to him. His nearness almost made me swoon...or was it his cologne? I did not have time to react however, as I was boiling over how he had treated Aron.

"You are such a mean person!" I reprimanded in a whisper. I did not want to attract attention. This man was always involved in scandals with women and I did not want to become another scandal.

He looked taken aback though. "Why? You were not enjoying his company" he stated and I could not agree more, but it was still rude to just barge in and intimidate him.

"It still does not justify being rude"

"So you'd rather I ask him to stop boring you to death and let a real man take the lead?" he asked, looking at me with a dark eyebrow raised.

I shrugged. "Who said he was boring me?" I questioned. Was it so visible?

"Weren't you bored?" he asked and then smirked, and suddenly I was again very aware of his arms around me. "Won't you agree dancing in my arms is way better than in his?" he asked, his dark eyes boring into mine.

I shook my head, but it only got me another disarming smile. It was like he was mocking me. He leaned in, his mouth close to my ear. "A little tip of advocacy, you need to lie confidently" he said and his voice was a tone lower, more sensual, sending ripples down my back, even though what he said was mocking. I cursed my treacherous body.

He laughed at my expression and swayed me again. He was taking the lead, obviously! I thought sourly. He narrowed his eyes at me. "It seems like you are better at lying to yourself. " Then he sighed dramatically. "I guess I just have to make you realize that dancing with me is way better" he said and in a matter of seconds, his arms tightened, snaked down to my butt and cupped my butt cheeks. I knew I was blushing and tried to push away from him, but strong as he was, it only got me closer, closer to feel his erection, again!

I gasped and glared at his chest, not confident enough to look at him. I knew his eyes must now be dark and sultry, and his smile was mocking. He leaned in again. "I have never felt this strong attraction before, Sherry, why do you deny it?" he asked and that made me go cold. This was all about some fling, a horny attraction, nothing more, not that I wanted anything more. I did not have time for all this.

I pushed back, and this time weirdly, he allowed me to walk away, not laughing mockingly, but eyes dead serious.

A month later

Nick's POV

"You need to do your duty by us, and soon" he said in his heavy accent and the deep voice. I looked at him carefully. His health was indeed slowly deteriorating. It was plain to even me that he was in his final days. There was a father I barely knew, and he was asking me to give up a lot. I might not be a family man, but I grew close to him, closer than I wished to be with someone.

"Hridaan, are you with me?" he asked, clever eyes boring into mine. He had this uncanny ability to read into my eyes. I nodded, already thinking about how I will get out of this one. A hired one won't be bad.