Announcement Day

Nick awoke early that morning, eyes groggy and he knew that Sherry was to be blamed for it. She was one hell of a woman. How had she been unmoved by his charisma and charm was beyond him. Whenever he felt he would break the icy appearance she put on, she got even more colder to him.

Seeing her in usual western clothes made him hard as it was, but now seeing her in traditional Mahar clothing was even worst. It was becoming difficult to concentrate on work and this did not please him at all. Her aloofness should have allowed his full concentration on work, but sitting in his ornate office, bigger than his office back in the states, he could not read a single paper.

They were trying to introduce tourism to the local people, and there were a lot of papers to go through before a final decision had to be made, but he could not read even a single one. Nick sighed and blamed Sherry.

If only they could just sleep together, then this thirst he felt for her would quench and he would be able to concentrate again. But he could not. All he could think of was how incredibly beautiful she looked every morning when she would go walk the gardens with her hair still wet from her shower. Or how she would talk animatedly with his aunt and see the fascination on her face. What he liked most was the way she was with his father. It had become routine for them to play chest every evening and he loved the look of determination on Sherry's face. He would often look at his father, who always smiled at her with something that Nick could not quite put his hands on.

Every evening he would escort her to her room, try to make her want him, but she would always hold back. She was hot like the sun during the day, but when it was time to retire, she gave the same aloofness as the moon. Nick pushed back on the papers and walked to the balcony for some air and saw Sherry yet again arguing with his stableman.

"Come on, I can try on my own now" she was saying, trying her best to convince Yasir freedom to ride alone. Yasir shook his head stoically. He was given sound warning not to allow Sherry to go riding off alone. Mahar was still pretty unstable with the clans trying to cause riots, and since the two weeks Sherry had been here, word had already gone out.

Sherry looked sad but still determined and nodded to have Yasir follow her. Nick sighed and walked to change into riding clothes.

Sherry's POV

Another refusal! How bloody stupid can Yasir be? Who in their right minds would dare harm her? She had seen how loved Nick's father was around here and the latter had already proclaimed her a state guest. Then why was she still not allowed to ride alone?

It was bad enough that Nick had given her the mare she had seen mating the other day to ride on, but she later found out that the black stallion was Nick's, called El Corredor.

"You can go now" the raw voice said behind her and she turned to see Nick, in riding clothes, dragging El Corredor behind him.

"You are not going with me" Sherry said, after Yasir was out of earshot.

Nick smiled that arrogant smile again. "Atleast you defy me in private"

"And you still ignore me when I talk." came the quick retort. Nick chuckled.

"You are not going alone Sherry. Its dangerous" he said and walked over to help her with the horse.

His hands snaked around her waist and Sherry looked up angrily at him.

"How do you expect to get on her?" he asked, smiling arrogantly, knowing that with Yasir gone, she had no way of getting onto her horse.

Nick held her close and lifted her up. She hated the way their body touched and hated that he looked at her as though she was something to eat. She hated all this wait and she hated that tonight there was a party thrown to introduce her.