Chapter 2

Deenas p.o.v

I woke up to my alarm blaring into my sleepy ears. I looked over to turn the loud noise off and I stared at the ceiling above me.

Everyday felt the same to me. Wake up at 6:30am be at school by 7:30 leave school at 3:00 be at work by 4 be home by 9 repeat. I've saved a good bit of money over the past year of working and had already been given my dads old car-nothing brand spanking new of course, it was a 1981 Jeep Cherokee but has long as it ran it was perfect to me.

"JOSH GET UP WE GOTTA GO." I screamed as I picked up my dads empty beer cans from the night before. He was dead asleep in his little dark room I was sure of it.

"I'm coming Deena just let me finish this last level bro please!", I heard Josh scream back at me from the basement.
He spends too much damn time on that computer. My dad has rode his ass about it already. Josh always makes us late.

I quickly went downstairs and pulled the plug out of the wall and just as fast josh appeared from under his blanket.

"HEY!", he shrieked.

"Let's go! NOW.", I said grabbing my keys off the desk.

_____________________________

Sams p.o.v.

As soon as my mom dropped me and my sister off at the front steps of Shadyside High the nerves started. I was out of place I had no friends and no idea how to make them. At my old school I had a few good friends, but I was never very talkative right away.

I received my schedule and was sent on my way. I read the doors and the hall signs indicating what subjects were taught and where. First period I had Math with Mr. Parker.

Great I thought. Worst subject first thing in the morning. I walked in and quickly handed Mr. Parker the note informing him of my being a new student and all.

"Ah Ms. Fraser, take a seat wherever you'd like, we are actually just learning some Algebra with finance this week it shouldn't be to hard to catch on", the teacher stated with a soft smile.

I scanned the room for empty seats- hopefully toward the back. I found one in the very back left corner and quickly made my way there. When I sat I felt a gaze on me so strong it almost made me uneasy.
When I turned to my right I seen familiar brown eyes blaring a hole through mine.
Deena.

When she noticed I saw her she quickly averted her gaze and started frantically flipping through her text book trying to play it off. I let out a soft giggle until she sheepishly looked up at me and returned the giggle. She was about two seats away from me.

That has to change tomorrow.

We didn't really talk the whole class but to be fair it would be hard to carry on a meaningful conversation without being next to her. I did however notice her speaking to a dark hair girl and a dirty blonde hair boy that was beside her. I wonder if the boy was her boyfriend.

Soon enough the class ended and I purposely took my time gathering my things in hopes that she would approach me.

And she did exactly that.

"Hey Sam right?", Deena said with a questionable look.

"Yeah that's me I'm Sam", I said all too quickly.