Chapter 6

Deena's p.o.v.

Two weeks had past since the party. After Sam left that Sunday we had quit hanging out..

Turns out Leslie was about a month along. She cried and cried and cried the whole way home. I felt awful. Since then she's told her mom and dad, her mom wasn't mad-in fact she reminded Leslie it would be hypocritical of her to be upset considering her father and her had
conceived Leslie at 18. Her dad on the other hand...still hasn't spoken to her.

Sam had started eating lunch with Michael, riding to school with Michael, and going to parties with Michael.

She would glance at me in the hall and my heart would just cry.

It was Monday. The worst day to ever exist. We were in our Aquamarine class waiting for the teacher to start the lesson.

"Okay so this week we will be doing a project on ocean life!", Mr. Porter said with enthusiasm.

"I will be randomly selecting your partners by using this hat."

It was like a 1 and 30 chance I would get paired with Sam, so I wasn't sweating it to bad.

About 5 minutes in my name was called and my head perked up.

"Deena and...Tina!", I let out a breathe of relief.

"Oh I forgot Tina is going to be going out of town for her grandmother funeral, so Deena and...Samantha."

Just fucking great. This was going to be so awkward. Out of all the times Tinas old grandma could've  met her end it had to be this week.

After class I walked up to Sam and found the nerve to speak.

"Urm my house or yours?", I asked.

"If Leslies going to be there then we can just go to my house."

"Why would Leslie be there?"

"Quit playing dumb with me Deena Jesus Christ."

"I'm not-"

"Ya know what forget it I'll be at your house after school.", Sam said walking away.

_____________________________

<Deena's house>
3rd person p.o.v.

"Where the hell is she we've been out of school for an hour and I called off for this shit.", Deena said to herself pacing back and fourth in her bedroom.

A few seconds later in came Sam, she walked past Deena went straight to the bed and sat.

"What?", the girl asked.

"Your late dude, I could've actually did it by myself at this rate.", Deena explained.

"Sorry Michael was my only ride and he had to stay late for some football stuff."

"Whatever Sam, I don't care about your Oaf boyfriend." Deena said.

"We aren't official and at least he's not Leslie."