Chapter One, Coupons.

"Why are you this dedicated?"

You stare down at the floor as he leans closer, suddenly he's holding your chin with his thumb and forefinger. You begin to mumble something that he can't understand

"so you're the shy type, huh? But for real, why do you insist coming at 4:00am with your obnoxious friend just to throw most of the stores items away?" He was still being drowsy (as always) but he seemed serious at the same time. You backed away and just stood there until you had the energy to walk out.

--

That interaction was incredibly awkward, you just walked away after he confronted you. It cant get any worse, right?

Yes, yes it can.

You're heading outside to meet someone, when you realize the cashier is walking to work.

oh my god. You felt bad about that whole incident so you go to apologize.
You catch up to him. You start to walk the same pace as him, but he stops "Are you going to say anything?

Wait, you weren't talking. you just walked next to him...

"he probably thinks I'm weird, fuck." You thought, but your mind was interrupted as he started to speak once more.

"You have never talked to me properly, even when I confronted you. Why are you even walking with me?"

You didn't want to throw away stuff in the store, (If it was big enough to be considered a store) Your friend always gets you in trouble for no reason: was getting you in trouble entertainment somehow?

"I'm sorry" you said whistly

"Oh, so now you apologize? I try to be kind and quiet but I'm pissed at the moment. My boss is going to fi-" he started to desist when he saw you cry a little.

"Look, I didn't mean to make you upset but why are you even crying? I'm hardly yelling"

he gave you a tissue, even though you were being a bitch. He was nice, but it didn't stop him from thinking you were a wuss. "Thank you" you tried to be formal but you just couldn't, you were stumbling your words a little.

"You should be sorry"

"I know"

"Look, don't hang around that friend anymore. She's not the nicest, I saw the way she had you wrapped around her finger." He sighed and continued to walk to work, whilst you just stood there. He was right, she wasn't a good friend but she was your only friend.

"Wait..."

Why did you say that? you were embarrassing yourself. It's ok, cause he was too far away to hear you.

--

After the cashier called you out, you went home. You didn't like your dad, he was lazy, abusive, and you just didn't like him. In your case, it wasn't considered insensitive.

You were supposed to meet up with your dad's acquaintance at the tractor store, which was more annoying than it sounds. All he talks about is tractors and the customers buying his stuff, he probably doesn't have a life.

.

You took a deep breath before you before you went inside.

"Where's my coupons from billy?"

You didn't even know that guys name from the stupid tractor store. It suits him, though.

"Look, I'm tired. I had a bad day" you rub your eyes while yawning, you were tired but you didn't feel sleepy until now
"Boy, I expect for you to get my coupons as soon as billy has new offers. Or else."
your dad scolded as you went down to the hallway to snooze in bed.

--

"I'm hungry"
"I'm hungry"
"Go eat"
"I'm hungry"
"You're starving"
"Go eat"
"Eat"
"don't wake up dad"

Ugh.

You're self conscious was louder than usual but you got up anyways.

It was 4:00 am, why'd you always wake up at this time, does your brain keep on punishing you, why are you like this.

You were worrying, worrying about seeing him again.

--

As expected, your dad wasted money on more tractor supplies. You put on your jacket and grabbed 5 dollars so you could buy a bloxy-cola, hopefully that would satisfy your hunger.

It was dark but not as dark, was daylight saving time over? You shrugged it off as you walked into the small store. There was a different cashier, which was a relief but kind of sad you got the other one fired.

"Hello! Welcome to "generic convenience store" we're open 24/7!!"

this cashier seemed more energetic, how could anyone have such positive attitude at a gloomy place in the early morning?

You grab a bloxy cola from the fridge, and place it on the counter.

"Is that all you want?" The cashier looks at you, with a worried expression. You nod while paying the new cashier money, your joints hurt passing the change and the cashier could tell.

"You don't need to talk but, are you ok? The new guy asked, but you walked out before he could say anything else. You weren't ok, you didn't have enough money to eat, you had a bad sleeping schedule, and you've been starving for days.

--

Your dad called you downstairs, he never payed attention to you unless it was for his own needs. "Can you talk to billy, he has more deals" you sighed, of course your father just wanted something from that tractor store.

whatever

you nod, and put on your jacket to head out.

.

Your walk was peaceful, no one to avoid, clear skies, and nice air. You stepped into the tractor store heading to Billy's office, yes an office: why would he need an office in a fucking tractor store? You shrugged while entering the busted up office.

"Howdy"

Ugh, this is painful to hear.

"Hello sir, I was wondering if you had any deals or coupons?" You said while looking down at your feet.

"Uhhh, I don't remember. Ask the cashier at lane 4"

You walked over to lane 4, you wished you didn't.

.

"Are you stalking me now"? It was that cashier, it looks like he got a new job real quick.

"No, I'm not. Do you have any coupons?" you finally had the courage to look up at him.

He looked...disgusted.

"Hey, I'm going on break soon. How about we talk then. Cause-"

You cut him off "my dad wants me to be to be home soon, sorry."

"Fine" he handed you the coupons and wrote down the deals for this week. His hand writing was horrible, but it was somewhat nice at the same time. You thanked him while walking out of the store.

It was more deals and coupons than usual,
maybe he's starting to like you more.

_____

I'VE NEVER MADE A CHAPTER THIS LONG, I SWEAR THE REST ARE SHORTER!!