07. The Plan

♕♕♕

NATASHA RUSHED TO TURN on their small television and flicked to the local news broadcast. Rosalie's heart stopped at the sight of her face dead centre on the screen as the reporter talked. "If you see this woman, do not approach. Call the authorities."

Rosalie suddenly stood up and all eyes turned to her. Her fist balled tightly as she stared ahead — she was seeing red. "Rosie..?" Yelena said quietly, slowly placing a her hand over top her balled fist.

"Huh?" Rosalie shook her head and looked down at the blonde.

"Are you...okay?" She asked softly.

Rosalie answered honestly. "No," She huffed. "Wyatt is really pulling out all the stops."

"Why does he want you so bad?" Sam piped up.

Rosalie shrugged stiffly. "I guess because his initial ambush didn't kill me? If I'm out here with information that could ruin his life and career, he's gonna stop at nothing until I'm dead," Everyone fell into a silent shock. "Oh...it's a little grim when I put it that way." She chuckled awkwardly.

Irina cleared her throat. "We need to do something," She looked at Rosalie with such seriousness. "I have only know you a few days now, Rosalie Mai, but to me, you are worth saving."

"Irina..." Rosalie stepped towards her, shaking her head softly. "I am not dragging you into this mess. I'm not dragging any of you into this," She turned to the larger group. "Natasha, Steve, Sam...you're all on the run. I'm not going to let you risk your safety for me. And Yelena-"

"Do not even finish your sentence," Yelena placed her hand up. She crossed the room and grabbed Rosalie's shoulders securely, forcing her to look her in the eyes. "It is not your choice whether we help you or not and I think I speak for everybody here when I say we will gladly do so,"

Rosalie's took a sharp breath in, staring wide eyed at Yelena. "But..."

"No buts," Yelena told her sternly in Russian. "We will help, no?" She looked out the four others and everyone nodded collectively. Rosalie was surprised to see Sam, Natasha, and Steve nod — she had only just met them. "See? Now, stop trying to push us away and let's come up with a plan."

Rosalie felt silly as her eyes began to water. "Thank you," She pulled Yelena into a tight hug. They swayed softly and when they let go, Rosalie's face was damp with tears.

"Don't cry, silly," Yelena chuckled softly, wiping away the falling streams. "We have a name to clear."