14. Snap

♕♕♕

"DO YOU REALLY HAVE to go?" Rosalie asked sadly as Yelena stood in their doorway. She hadn't let go of her hand since Yelena packed her bags.

"I do, Rosie," Yelena frowned. "I got an urgent call from Natasha,"

Rosalie sighed, dropping her hand and head. "It's about that weird floating donut in New York, isn't it?" Irina had come up behind her, a soft hand caressing the small of her back.

Yelena nodded. "Yes. She said the Avengers need all the help they can get."

"But-" Rosalie's breath hitched. "Isn't that dangerous? Fighting aliens, I mean. You don't have powers like Thor or Steve a-and..." She trailed off as Yelena reached out for her face, cupping it lightly.

"Rosalie..." She hummed. "I will be just fine. You know that I can handle myself,"

"I know," Rosalie shook her head, leaning into Yelena's hands. "But that doesn't mean I like you going to fight those creeps. Just promise me whatever happens, I'll see you again."

Yelena laughed, shaking her head. Removing her hands from Rosalie's face, she pulled her into a tight hug. "Silly girl," She nuzzled her nose into her dark hair. "I'll always come back to you."

Rosalie sighed happily, hugging back even tighter. Then, the time had come. Yelena had to go and there was nothing Rosalie could do about it. They pulled back, both frowning. "I love you, okay? Be safe."

Yelena smiled sadly, picking up her bags with a nod. "I love you, too," She looked back at Irina. "Take care of her." And with one final goodbye to Fanny, who she had left in their care, she left.

Rosalie shut the door with a pained sigh. She locked it, turning back to her girlfriend. "Why didn't you want to go?" She asked Irina. "I mean, you both have the same training. You should be able to hold your own against-"

"Rosalie," Irina interrupted sternly. Rosalie was shocked to see how serious she looked. "I am never leaving you, not even to fight aliens that could possible destroy the earth because I know fighting wouldn't be worth it if you weren't by my side."

Rosalie huffed. "Irina! Don't make me cry!" She rushed into her arms, smothering her shoulders and neck in small kisses. "I love you so much, dork." She pulled away, searching Irina's face.

Irina chuckled softly, watching Rosalie with deep adoration and love, so much that made her weak in the knees. Her eyes turned serious. "Bedroom. Now." Rosalie squealed as she was suddenly tossed over Irina's shoulder, who began marching to their bedroom.