12. What Now?

♕♕♕

  THE ROOM WAS DEATHLY silent. Rosalie shook as she tightly hugged her mother's corpse while from above, Director Bates struggled against the magical hold Wyatt had on him. A slow, deep chuckle emitted from Wyatt's chest as he smiled gleefully at Rosalie and Herald's pain. "Don't act so surprised," He shook his head. "Did you really think you could stall me long enough to save her? I thought you were smarter than that,"

Still shaking, Rosalie looked up slowly, anger bubbling slowly within her. "You will die for that," She snarled.

Wyatt merely chuckled. "Oh, Rosie," He flicked his hand, sending her flying across the room, right to Alexei's feet. "It's sweet how you believe that," A yell from Herald caught his attention, It was as if he almost forgot he was there in his pleasure. "Director! Guess whose turn it is now? Any last words?"

Director Bates struggled against his invisible restraints, his tears shining in the dimly lit room. His eyes never strayed from Lily's body. "You...won't...get...away... with this," He spoke in between jolts of pain.

"Aw, but I already have," Wyatt tilted his head.

From behind Rosalie, she could hear a commotion and a grunt. She looked over her shoulder to see Alexei standing with the rocket launcher, aimed directly at Wyatt. The corrupt man was too busy gloating to notice. With a loud bang, the rocket flew towards Wyatt, blowing a hole right through the side of the building. Herald dropped to the ground, Melina, Yelena, Marcus, and Irina, all rushing forward to break his fall.

As the dust and smog cleared, Wyatt was nowhere in sight. A part of Rosalie hoped that the blast had hit him, splitting him into a million tiny pieces, but she knew that wasn't the case. Even before he became corrupt with power, Wyatt never went down easy, or without a fight.

Shaking, Herald crawled to Lily's body, pulling her into his arms as he sobbed quietly. "Oh no...no, no," He mumbled. He kissed her hair lightly, his tears flowing faster. "My love..."

Rosalie's eyes widened. "Herald..." She stood up shakily, Alexei helping her from behind.

The broken man looked up, eyes glassy and wet. "We didn't know how to tell you..." He choked back a sob.

"Does anyone see Wyatt?" Marcus called.

"How could we?" Alexei chuckled. "He has been blown to smithereens!" He cheered triumphantly.

"I...don't think so big guy," Marus stood, brushing the dirt from his pants. "He is not an easy man to kill."

"There is no way he survived that!" Alexei countered, huffing in frustration. Rocks crumbling in the distance caught all of their attention. A pile of rubble sat where the wall had been destroyed, but it was moving. A deep, echoing chuckle encompassed the room as Wyatt rose from the broken stone. Alexei's face dropped. "I take back what I said,"