19. Dear Michael

May 25th, 2009

I have no idea what to say.

My, I couldn't possibly imagine that the anonymous man I've courted in between these delicate papers is the most notable figure in the world. The entire trip, I was stunned. My brain could not process your true identity. How did the universe guide you, the Michael Jackson, to my mother's previously owned simple home? Out of all places, the universe placed you there and in my path.

I fail to fathom why God placed me in your path. I'm an aspiring author stuck at a cramped phone center. You're an international pop star who has the world at the palm of your hand. What does He think I could possibly fulfill for you? What do you think I can fulfill for you?

Truth is, my life isn't as monumental as yours. It oozes of simplicity. Each day is a bland, unremarkable routine that eats at my soul each and everyday. I am stuck inside this dreary dome that is my life. Your life is stupendous. You are the most richest, successful, and impactful person on this planet that has seen each and every part of this globe. There's nothing that you do not have or have not achieved. We are complete opposites.

And I sense that you know this. You're aware that my existence cannot compare to yours. Yet, you still pursue me. Is it for a sense of control? Dominance? Or are you simply bored? It's driven me up the wall that I cannot find a reasonable explanation. It must be a remarkable reason if you have managed to keep in contact with me as you prepare for a sold out tour that's scheduled to start soon.

I just...need clarity. I need to know what's going through your mind whenever you think of me. Help me understand.

With love,
Elaine xo