6. Ares

Percy is bummed today. Something that does not usually happen often.

But the gods are arguing again today. About him. Something that they have been doing since years ago. And if they had known about his existence before his birth, they would have even bickered longer.

His father, Poseidon, and his step-mom, Amphitrite, had agreed to share duties in taking care of him. There are seven days a week so three days with  Amphitrite being mainly responsive for him and three days with Poseidon being mainly responsible for him. And the one day is a day where Percy, himself, gets to choose.

And today, he's with Poseidon, high up on Olympus hearing them bicker behind his dad's throne. And in reality, though, it was his dad and his uncle Zeus disagreeing with each other.

Everyone else makes sure what stays in the throne room stays in the throne room (including Uncle Zeus stomping on the ground and his dad looking like a cherub that drank too much)

After an hour of listening in on his fate, Percy decided to tour Olympus again. Hephaestus's workshop, Artemis's mini ranch, the main street of Olympus, a bunch of marble buildings, and blah blah blah.

It's like watching a good movie over and over again. Interesting but expected.

Ever since he intruded on different major gods' leisure places. Percy was prohibited to go anywhere near the gods' quarters. However, he noticed something new this time. Somewhere he wondered why he didn't take notice in the beginning.

It was a large arena. Size of a baseball stadium with wooden beams and white marbles statues of different naked people. They were muscular, fit, with firing calves, and the curly hairs that would possibly outmatch Apollo's.

They were people that make Percy look down to his belly and flop it twice to compare.

He enters the building carefully. As he enters the gigantic entrance, sounds from the insides become clearer and clearer.

Thud. Bang. Boom. BOOM!

For a second, Percy thought of retreating. A shadow loomed over the young four-year-old. He gently steps back. Until sounds of panting were heard, he hears a grumble before,

SPLASH!

Curiosity got the best of him. He gently leans in and takes a peek. In an instant, he saw a gigantic man sitting on a bench half-naked with water dripping down his body. His long hair drapes over his eyes covering his facial features.

It was not long until the man notices Percy. As a slight tilt to the left towards Percy, a shock went through Percy's back. He gasped and lurked forward holding his abdomen.

The man got up stomping towards him. Each stomp on the ground was a heavy boom followed by the clinking sound of metal from his armor boots. Red mists begin to appear and out came growling dogs with ferocious red eyes and pointy teeth. He grabs Percy by the neck nearly strangling him in an instant.

And just when Percy thought that he was going to be tossed across the arena like a frisbee with the dogs chasing after his body that probably looks like a spinning tortilla, he hears the man grumble,

" Poseidon's kid?"

Percy looked up. From his faint visions, he sees a buzz cut, black sunglasses, and a scar running down from his cheeks. The man grins before dropping Percy onto the ground having him gasp for air and grunting from the pain.

Hounds surrounding him drooling all over the young boy. Their chiseled fangs nearly dig into his clothes. Percy feels a foot on the side of his body.